Agnostic.com

2 4

LINK Garmin down: why the outage, is it to do with ransomware and what can you do? | TechRadar

I wear a Garmin Connect fitness watch. It has not been able to sync in two days. Today I checked around for reasons... Looks like they got hit with ransomware. OOPS.

HippieChick58 9 July 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I personally feel that perpetrators of this sort of malware (when caught) should be charged with manslaughter at least, if not pre-meditated murder, on the grounds that it endangers many lives.

Petter Level 9 July 25, 2020

This is real and this is seriously fucked up $10 Million [forbes.com]

barjoe Level 9 July 25, 2020

For those of us with the fitness tracker, it's isn't that serious. For pilots, oy! That is critical. Somebody at Garmin got lazy and now it is going to cost them a bundle. I'm having bad luck with fitness trackers, but seriously this is more than bad luck for Garmin.

@HippieChick58 vey

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:518698
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.