Agnostic.com

1 0

What Do You Think About Spinoza?

“Spinoza was the first to apply with strict consistency the idea of an all-pervasive determinism to human thought, feeling, and action. In my opinion, his point of view has not gained general acceptance by all those striving for clarity and logical rigor only because it requires not only consistency of thought, but also unusual integrity, magnamity, and — modesty.”

Albert Einstein

[pantheism.com]

ThomasMeador 7 Nov 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Although I guess I was a pantheist for a time in between religion and agnosticism I now think it causes a lot more problems than it solves. Einstein's quotes about god caused too much controversy about what he really believed. The religious even now swear that Einstein was a Christian even when he stated clearly that he was not. The same can be said for Stephen Hawkins. It's best to say clearly what you mean, something that even the religious can understand. Spinoza historically has importance but using Spinoza's type of language today is just too confusing. I can actually say that on this one very small point, I disagree with Einstein.,

gearl Level 8 Nov 25, 2017
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5192
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.