Agnostic.com

4 2

LINK Ralph Reed: We Must Re-Elect Trump to Ensure Christian Supremacy in Politics | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

During an “Evangelicals for Trump” rally on Thursday in Alpharetta, Georgia, right-wing activist and former head of the Christian Coalition Ralph Reed said that Donald Trump needed to be re-elected in order to preserve Christian supremacy.

snytiger6 9 July 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is news?
Trump himself is beside the point.

. . . he didn't actually use the word "supremacy" 😛

One does not have to use the word supremacy in order to convey the same meaning. The statement "make sure Christians are the head and not the tail, and the top and not the bottom, of our political system" certainly connotes maintaining Christian supremacy. And, no doubt, it is their version of Christianity that they want to see at the top.

@Joanne "One does not have to use the word supremacy in order to convey the same meaning"

I think one does if one subscribes (I do) to "I say what I mean and mean what I say" (I don't think that makes me a mean person).

"At the top of our political system " could refer to the top religion, not political supremacy -- what religion doesn't want that.

@FearlessFly . Yet, Christianity has had a special place in this country- not any other religion. The separation of Church and State the founders wanted has been greatly ignored. These Christians are not saying they want to remain the dominate religion in this country. They are saying they want political power, and to be at the "top" of that system. And, they have shown that they want to use the government to ensure their place at the top--their supremacy.

In this so-called land of the free and home of the brave, only the brave remain free.

The Talibangelicals are not imaginary my friends.

Joanne Level 7 July 28, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:519509
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.