Agnostic.com

4 10

Two local mountain rescues in one day in North Central Washington.

Local mountain rescue teams are volunteers. Bravo!

Emergency managers, rescue climbers and helicopter crews had to deal with not one, but two serious injuries Wednesday that stranded patients in Chelan County’s mountain backcountry.

While local rescuers and Navy pilots were trying to coordinate on a complicated rescue of one fallen climber from the north face of Mount Stuart, a hiker on Lichtenberg Mountain north of Stevens Pass also had to be hoisted out of the wilderness for medical treatment.

I have climbed Lichtenberg Mountain near Lake Valhalla three times. At the summit, don't fall off the cliffs on three sides. I don't know how the woman got hurt.

[ncwlife.com]

Photos from the summit of Lichtenberg Mountain:

1. Glacier Peak, 10,000'

2. Cascade Mountains, looking north. Lake Vallhalla is in the lower left.

3. Wenatchee Mountains, looking east. Mt. Stuart is the highest mountain.

4. Lake Valhalla.

LiterateHiker 9 July 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Gorgeous pics as usual ,Accidents do happen ,so many people getting back out into nature these days without all the precautions and proper gear and safe conditions in place but also full of enthusiasim for the journey but they leave the most important thing at home " Common Sense" and that they are invincible ,Keep safe and enjoy yourself,we love your adventures

Great pictures! I’m not surprised you have been careful enough not to have to be medevacued.

Have a safe trek next time you go out.

Such a sad story but the scenery in your photos is so beautiful.

I imagine you are having the same situation we have since things first shut down. I live by a lake in the Ozarks and all the rescue crews have been working near non stop on the lake and rivers. Lots of Ill prepared people.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:520251
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.