Agnostic.com

12 1

Why do right wingers call people sheep all the time as an insult?

I thought being a sheep was a good thing according to the bible.
As a life long atheist I feel like I miss some of these nuances sometimes..

MsAl 8 Aug 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They’re projecting..

Varn Level 8 Aug 3, 2020

It is easier to declare that your opponents are following blind dogma and then walk away, than it is to address their arguments, especially when you think that you will loose the argument.

You are surprised when they call people Sheep when there leader calls Mexicans Rapists and Murderers and Calls Women Pigs and boasts about Pussy grabbing.

I just don't understand why they are using it as an insult. I thought Christian's were supposed to be sheep....

@MsAl It's ok to follow a religious book and be called a sheep. But if you are not a part of the religious flock, then being a sheep is an insult. Right wing conservatives don't engage their brain when they think about these things. You expect to much of them

Reverse psychology. They do it all the time. If accused of anything, they imprint it on their detractors

I can't figure it out. The liberals were split and still are on at least a couple of candidates, while they blindly follow one guy. Like everything else about these folks it defies logic, which then makes perfect sense, in a weird sorta way. ☺

Is a lamb a little Ram?

Hey you are level 8. Congrates. You know that means, no more meeting sheep at night, in cocktail bars anyway.

IT seems that both sides are using the "sheep " calling.. meaning they are blind followers. I would say that the religious right is a bit more of the blind followers.

How dare you? ,,,,,,what?

STOP GIVING me a thumbs up!! Is a ram a sheeeeepppppp???????????

Well yes, it's the male sheepa nd female is called Ewe. Oh dear i think so at least 😂

Of course a ram is not a sheep, a ram is a thing you put on the front of ships to sink other ships, a sheep is a soft warm animal used to pre-test knitwear.

Some one tell me!!!! Is a Ram a sheep? I gotta know now........

People who work with sheep have told me they are the dumbest creatures around. If it's in the 'bible' it must be for the stupid.

I’ve seen them drink others urine…

?? I don't know. I like sheep.
Never had one attack me, wait,,,,,,,,,,,,,is a ram a sheep?

It implies that people are followers and can't think for themselves. They're the ones who are "sheep" They don't know what true freedom is. A good thing "according to the Bible"? Fuck the bible!

Yes I get the implications. But it seems like the bible crowd are the people currently calling everyone sheep with such venom. As I understood it "good Christians" are supp6to be sheep and follow Jesus the shepherd..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:521049
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.