Agnostic.com

4 3

A strange thing happened on here a couple of days ago. (And yes, I do know that strange things happen here every day.)

A new member messaged me, and started a private conversation. He then went on to say some really flattering things, about how brilliant my posts were, how insightful my comments and how witty my humour. ( Yes I know. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't. ) Then he wrote. " So how come a nice lady like you is still single then ?"

So did he not read my profile where it quite clearly says both 'male' and "Here for the community." And I am sure he was not gay, just hasty. Now it seems that he has disappeared and his messages have gone. So I wonder, was he kicked off, or did he realize his mistake, get embarrassed and then deleted his account. And if so, is it not sad that he had such a fragile ego, I would have been quite happy to share a laugh with him when pointing out his mistake.

Pleased to say that you "ladies" may have been spared a fragile narcissist, but on the other hand his flattery was really very good, made you feel quite appreciated.

Do you think that I should change my profile picture, the portrait is of me at twelve years old, I was a pretty boy, though sadly aged very badly ?

Fernapple 9 Aug 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Someone once said the same things to me. I knew it was a scam, and played along for a while, but got bored and opted out of the conversation. You were cute at 12, weren't we all??? I too have lost it as I aged. But smarter now to know that looks are the least important asset of a person.

I think that you have aged very well if your photo is really you. Some people lose their cuteness but grow in grace.

I have aged very well, thanks to my mom's genes.

I think people that don't read bios are usually scammers.

I enjoy your posts as well but I have a feeling anyone that doesn't read a bio doesn't actually read the posts very carefully either.

I hope you Use a picture for your icon that you want to. There is no way we can control other people's perceptions.

Was not too concerned thank you. This post was entered under humour. But I retire soon so the truth can come out, including an up to date picture, you have been warned.

If you want to change your picture, change it. If you don't, don't. He didn't read your description clearly, so I wouldn't worry because that was not something you misrepresented. Also, I will say, you have indeed written some very good posts.

Thank you, it very kind of you to say so. I hope you do not think that I was fishing for compliments, but it was needful to include a reference to the flattery to explain the humour of the story. But anyway thank you.

@Fernapple You're welcome.

Well the combination of Fern-anything and a youthful looking face is going to come off as feminine. That was my first impression as well. But I find getting some back story helpful so was able to figure you out .. with your helpful bio.

It was my first impression, too. I agree with your assessment of Fern-anything. lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:521736
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.