Agnostic.com

3 5

LINK US accuses Russia of conducting sophisticated disinformation and propaganda campaign - CNNPolitics

A new report from the US State Department accuses Russia of conducting a sophisticated disinformation and propaganda campaign that uses a variety of approaches including Kremlin-aligned news sites to promote their agenda.

Wednesday's report focuses in particular on the Russian government's use of this network to push disinformation about the coronavirus pandemic as it spread across the globe.

HippieChick58 9 Aug 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So the US is accusing Russia of doing something that the US is essentially doing? Oh wait, Trump isn't sophisticated. 😛

Seriously though, how can this be taken very seriously when the US is and has been doing pretty much the same?

'However, on the same day the report was released, the Department unveiled "a reward of up to $10M for information leading to the identification or location of any person who, acting at the direction or under the control of a foreign government, interferes with US elections by engaging in certain criminal cyber activities," in the words of Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.'

I wonder how much trouble I would get into if I reported Donald Trump? 😛

Will the bs never end?

They must've felt that this is hurtling Trump politically otherwise Pompeo's State Dept wouldn't say a word.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:521967
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.