Agnostic.com

41 3

Do you trust the Mainstream Media?

• 15 votes
  • 51 votes
  • 39 votes
Lovewins 5 Apr 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments (26 - 41)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The major newspapers and television networks have a pretty good track record.

Have not watched TV or read a news paper since 1988, so for all I know they may be wonderful and honest by now.

In that case, I've got some bad news for you Rugglesby. Bob Hawke is no longer PM and we lost the Republic referendum. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings. 🙂

@David1955 awww. dude, bummer.

Even the ones that I trust, I am still on the alert for any other information that might be available. One person cannot ever have all the facts.

MSM has lost all respect. they are all coluded even the BBC...in 911. they ALL LIE and follow NWO script. BBC reported LIVE that WT building 7 came down 20 minutes before it came down.

Never ever and I question everything.

Sadly I have a hard time watching main stream media without feeling like they are trying persuade me to think a certain way about the issues reported. Where can you find an unbiased report about what’s going on in the world??
I do find it interesting to watch news reports from other countries.

If everyone spent the time they spent watching/reading the news learning something new, working out, or even just on a hobby everyone would hate a lot less and would find themselves more productive and happier in the long run. I don't even watch the news I agree with and don't think there are any benefits to do so. Modern media is just an echo chamber of misinformation and political manipulation across the spectrum. They have no interest in creating well informed citizens.

I trust some more than others, but I trust none of them absolutely. I generally have very little faith that what we're being told is the truth. That's not to say I think we're being lied to constantly, just that I can't really know. I know the media outlets have good reason to lie, and the power to get away with it, at least some of the time. And as one other commenter said, it's all about . If they can spin up a story, embellishing certain facts and telling a bunch of half truths, and that'll get them twice the views, I have no doubt they'll do it.

Absolutely not

I still trust the MSM and I will leave it at that. I’m reading generalities, and innuendo and not getting a shred of evidence that msm has it wrong. Show me. References to TYT isn’t enough. They are annoying af to watch, they go off on tangents, occasionally have side conversations. I can’t watch them anymore. I check multiple sources and verify certain statements. I also listen to NPR all day. I’m basically satisfied. This is a non issue perpetuated by Trump. He’s as useless as tits on a bull.

the bbc seem to have lost their very good name its been a long time coming but I can only think that they are pretty much in hock to the Tory Government

I’m going to sit this out from now on. I’m reading a lot of generalizations , and zero evidence from anyone.

The telecommunications act of 1996 is basically an update to an existing law, in keeping with First Amendment rights, I’m surprised it didn’t happen sooner. It also nicely dovetailed with the explosion of the Internet; the time had come and there was going to be no stopping that train. It was initially enacted in 1934. In 1996, it was updated by Congress. It’s not Clinton’s. He signed the bill that Congress updated. We never heard of fake news until Trump came on the scene and he’s a shrewd mother jumper because he’s always been good at scamming. Just look at all of his failed businesses and his bankruptcies; he’s a Con artist; he is a professional Con artist. Someone has done a Poll here asking do you trust mainstream media ? The results do not surprise me. People are jumping on that bandwagon without really understanding in my opinion what they’re actually saying because there’s no concrete examples for supporting the idea. On the other hand, rather than accepting the news from any sources, do any of us check multiple sources or weigh the likelihood of it being true or even plausible or checked for verification? There is some fact checking but we need more. Saint Bonaventure University is a very prestigious and respected journalism school not far from where I live. I know that true journalists are held to a higher standard with expectations and they risk losing their jobs or reputations if they are not credible. Good news organizations make public corrections. Fox and Breitbart are not in that group. This fake news term is overused populism not vastly different from Hitlers reign. He controlled the news. Trump would love to control the media and he has already sewn seeds to confuse people. Trump is the spin doctor who is assisted by Fox News. They work well together, cut from the same cloth. Just look at Roger Ailes and Rupert Murdoch, the operations power behind Fox and the owner, respectively.
I could go on but I’m trying to stay on point.

I only trust PBS

I am freaking loving Reuters, but I have broken away to read other things.

Lies and omissions provided by the oil , chemical and arms industries

Love Fox news

gater Level 7 Apr 7, 2018

lol

you're kidding - right?

@shockwaverider No - I watch it every nite - love Hannity

@iamjc I know what Fox news is, I've just never come close to anyone who actually watches it.

@shockwaverider About 1.3 million daily viewers - nearly double of CNN

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:52212
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.