Agnostic.com

49 12

What wrong assumptions do people frequently make of you?

People often think I'm stuck up because I'm quiet.

Mea 7 Apr 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

49 comments (26 - 49)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That I like fishing and hunting

Ange Level 5 Apr 7, 2018

I had seen this on Barney Miller years ago When one assumes they make an ass u me.

That I have no street intelligence. That when it comes to the real world, real people, real life, that I am dumb af.

That I really give a S#!7. For some reason, people assume I care. I really don't.

Can we really know?

Sometimes people tell you after they get to know you. That's how I know.

@Mea hahahahhaha I guess that’d work

I have been profiled by the police many times because I have long hair and a goatee.

Ahhhh good one !!!.... People never like me, only until they (if) get to know me. Their assumption is that I am angry about something, which is completely out there !!!

Really don't know, and quite frankly, honestly do not care.
I can't be bothered with whatever false assumptions people make about me.
I used to care about what other people thought. It drove me crazy. I was always
trying to please everyone, because I wanted people to like me, and was always
seeking the approval of others.
It's a no-win situation. It's far healthier not to care what anyone else thinks.

That I'm a hypochondriac because I am literally always unwell lol

In person people assume that I'm an extrovert. I'm actually VERY introverted and quite shy. I will admit that I hide it well. Online dating? Women assume that I'm a he-whore. Yea you read that right. A man slut... No I do not want to scratch your "itch" thank you very much. I'm actually looking for a meaningful connection. Why is that so hard people??? Lol ( I'm laughing but I'm so serious right now....)

they are projecting

@btroje forgive my ignorance but what do you mean by projecting?

@Tutankhamun putting their thought on you. Thinking you are a slut when it may be them

@btroje I see. It's frustrating none the less

That I am a Bigger Asshole than I really am. Those who don't think I am one, I may one day prove them wrong. I am a very Simple, Complicated Man without a Master or Mistress and that much Freedom leads to a lot of Misinterpretation.

Some people think that I'm indifferent because I doubt the core of my Christian upbringing. That I'm an Atheist but they don't understand and don't want to understand that I'm only Agnostic.

Gert Level 7 Apr 7, 2018

Just because I am 6 ft. 2 in. tall and 265 pounds, people assume I can pick up any heavy object no matter of weight. Maybe in my younger days!!

I worship Mr Scratch being that I'm a non-believer.

To a large degree. There are no alternative facts. Those are just buzz words attempting to justify racism or sexism or nationalism---- !

I'm not sure what people think of me. I constantly think about, basically torturing myself with it, but I assume that people don't like me.

They think I used to play basketball. I hate basketball.

People think I'm mean and unapproachable because of the way I look.

I have the opposite problem. I have to open my mouth. Most people assume I believe the things I say, but I will take a stance I don't agree with for the sake of a thought experiment.
I don't bulletproof my wording, and people take things I say and warp them into something I didn't say, almost like it's on purpose ?

Sometimes people assume that I am Canadian, American, Australian, Dutch, Eastern European. Often they give up on trying to guess my country of birth. Also, they assume that I am soft touch until they feel that they have been hit on the head with a gold brick.

OMG so funny and for me so relate-able. I grew up in Australia, with English friends and have lived all over the United States over the last 30 years and people just have a hell of a time trying to figure out where I come from! It cracks me up.

That I am unintelligent, not to be taken seriously, and into very casual sex.

Zster Level 8 Apr 7, 2018

Being blonde people don't realize I am intelligent.

Hey lady! What's really?

This is a funny one...at least for me.

I was eating lunch at a restaurant near the school where I last taught. I was chatting on the phone with a friend when a restaurant patron approached me and said "You all Spics factory workers go back home."
I ignored him and I went back to the school to prepare things for Parents / Teachers Night. Guess who came in...with his daughter? Yes the guy who called me Spic.
IAW, many people assume I am an ignorant, person because I speak with an accent.

The guy...after the conference....said to me "I will never judge another person. " I reminded silent.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:52218
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.