Agnostic.com

7 4

If you were into someone and they told you, I'm not into a relationship at this time but later they were would you or wouldn't you date them?

I mean to each their own but for me personally I could be friends with the person but date them no. Cause it's pointless wasting time in the friendzone thinking that it'll be more.

M121 7 Nov 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I agree-I'm dating for the first time in my life. In the past if I were attracted to someone Id say why don;t you move in with me? Now I'm seeing people in the friend zone. I've spent time getting to know as much as I can about someone on the phone. As far as someone who is not into a relationship they usually flee after one date. If they were to come back I think if I really liked them I would give them a second chance. Would risk getting hurt if I really liked the guy.

I’m not going put my needs on hold for someone who is not ready to invest in a relationship. I might miss my chance at love, while the other person is already happy.

It's a tossup with whether it means "friendzone" or "I'm interested in you but..." It all depends on how the person said it and the reason behind them saying that. I would inquire their reason first and then decide whether I'd wait or not.

I have also been friendzoned and it wasted my time because I would have preferred that the person tell me that they're not interested in me and just wanted to be friends up front than have me guessing. I'm open for friendship, however, if it is a friendship where I end up getting hurt in the end after they've decided that they don't like me, then I would rather just move on. Sure, it will hurt, but I can move on much quicker. There have been some people that I've kept them in my mind and they did become ready just as they said and it went well.

So yeah, it all depends on their reason for not being in a relationship.

Good choice

I would consider dating them. This person may not have been ready to date, could have been in a bad relationship and needed some time to think things through.

I'd take that as a firm "no" right now, and a possible "maybe" at some nebulous point in the future. I honestly think it's a gentle way of saying "not romantically interested".

I was not seeking when I met my late husband, but you can bet I MADE time for him when we met and the opportunity was there.

Zster Level 8 Nov 25, 2017

Isnt dating basically just a way of getting to know another person? While Ive rarely dated; I think if I found a person interesting then dating (or hanging out) would be ok. Im asexual so dating has never been a thing for me. I am also an introvert. So every relationship tends to stay only in the Friendzone.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5224
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.