Agnostic.com

6 9

LINK Police charged a California woman with murder after she gave birth to a stillborn baby. Now the state's Attorney General is condemning it - CNN

California Attorney General Xavier Becerra filed an amicus brief on Friday in support of ending the prosecution against a woman who was arrested and charged with murder after delivering a stillborn baby with toxic levels of methamphetamine in its system.

HippieChick58 9 Aug 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I casually knew a woman several years ago who was stung out during her five, count them, five pregnancies. And breast fed everyone of them. Having babies who were addicted. All it took was a passing aqauntaince with her to know she was a meth head.

A murder charge assumes the woman's intent was to terminate her pregnancy by poisoning her baby. The article tells nothing about her life, so we know nothing if her intent, which is difficult to judge in any case.

Man Slaughter I or II Perhaps , but not Murder I or even II

Dougy Level 7 Aug 10, 2020

I'm curious as to what California law says about anyone else under these circumstances. I would think that if any mandatory reporter were aware of drug use and the pregnancy, and reported the situation, that this woman would have gotten help with her addiction, along with prenatal care. Plus, given her history of drug addiction and pregnancies, why hadn't the court ordered some kind of birth control? I mean, she had a history of drug addiction and apparently of using during her previous three pregnancies. This sounds more like an indictment of a system that failed, or is seriously lacking.

I am not supporting the woman.

That's insane. She's a drug addict. They probably are pro capital punishment and against masks.. Real pro life.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:523188
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.