Agnostic.com

5 2

Almost every day I sit down and write a dozen or two post cards. I signed up for a free program to send Postcards to Swing States. They send me the postcards, a mailing list, and suggested instructions. I'm not capable of making large political donations, but I AM convinced that by sending a couple hundred post cards written in my own handwriting, I'll be making a difference. It happens that I live in a swing state, so they sent me Florida post cards. I will mail them in October, timed to arrive strategically before election day. Oh yeah, I have to buy the stamps.

The website is PostcardsToSwingStates dot com. C'mon, help me out.

mischl 8 Aug 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I’m impressed … and always find a way to help as well.. Will likely keep it to myself around here, though. We’ve some fucked up participants 😕

Varn Level 8 Aug 13, 2020

Do you have a link where one might get in on this?

Yes, just google Postcards To Swing States and it'll point you to postcardtoswingstates dot com.

@mischl thank. I’m sending out a shit ton of Trump cards.

We do have some negative attitudes here. What’s that line about herding cats?

Good analogy. But I never try to herd the little bitches. I just open the cans of cat food. Works every time.

Kudos to your perseverance but you still write post cards?

?? I don't understand your question. My post states very clearly that I AM writing postcards.

@mischl
Great that you stepped up to contribute efforts but do you really think it will make a difference to count? Would they do target mailing to independents and moderates who are not registered Republicans or Democrats? The Republicans and Democrats will continue to sing to their own party and candidate tunes as they always have and very unlikely to convert. I have doubts but good luck if you believe in your efforts.

@St-Sinner Haha, yes, this is another instance of "believing the science." I'd be willing to bet that two or three out of a hundred people who get my hand-written and hand-signed card will be more likely to go and vote. Strikes me that's better than sitting on my ass bitching and complaining.

@mischl
No doubt. That optimism is very helpful. I look for the biggest bang for the buck but I know there is value in what you are doing. Every little bit helps and your willingness to pitch with efforts instead of just throwing money at it is admirable. Good luck.

MN is not considered a swing state, I doubt any out-of-state card would be paid attention-to.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:524281
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.