Agnostic.com

5 8

Savoring little things enriches our lives, especially during the pandemic.

What little things do you savor?

I love growing three big pots of flowers on my south-facing deck. Protected by a roof, the deck is enclosed on three sides. This creates a warm micro-climate.

The flowers bloom cheerfully into December. It pains me to remove flowering plants to make way for winter holiday decorations.

The geraniums were getting leggy. Ten days ago, I cut them back and lightly fertilized. It's a joy to see fresh new growth emerging every day.

Yesterday a hummingbird was attracted to the red geranium flowers. Hummingbirds buzz me when I wear a red shirt while hiking.

Time stopped as the hummingbird hovered, looking at me through the glass. A magical moment.

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes the little things do add up to joy and personal accomplishment ,such heart warming feelings plus they can bring joy to others also

I had hummingbirds on my porch when I was in my apartment.

I've been getting into my backyard alot. I love it !

All kinds of things:

-Putting on a pair of good quality underwear, enjoying the feel of the cotton or wool. Don't laugh, you know exactly what I mean. Same for socks. So often, just meh. It is worth it to pay more for something that touches you every day.
-Turning on the water using a high-quality faucet. Most people never experience this. I can't afford to have any, but were I able to I'd absolutely have them.
-A perfectly prepared item of food. It could be anything from BBQ brisket to the hautiest of high cuisine, but it is perfect. And rare.

I could go on, but I think you get the idea.

A fresh cup of coffee.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:524518
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.