Agnostic.com

3 2

Its amazing how people will subconsciously buy into Trump's bullshit. Had a friend of mine try and tell me today that the current coronavirus situation isnt because of our government's horrible response to it. He said it was all on China for "their" virus.

I essentially told him that i was astounded by how ignorant and wrong his thinking was and that I was not going to discuss it further with him as he obviously couldnt comprehend the actual facts.

redhog 7 Aug 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That bit of stupidity is not helpful on dealing with the issue.

Nope but that sentiment seems to be getting more pervasive with the more trump says it

Sadly blame shifting has been so normalized by both parties now that its spread much further than Covid-19. The insidious thing about the "It's China's Fault!" propaganda is that EVEN IF IT WAS TRUE, so what? Whether natural or unnatural in origin, Trump's response to Covid-19 is a textbook case of incompetence. Where Covid-19 came from is irrelevant. "China did it!" is a double false argument, one inside the other. Great political propaganda, terrible way to cope with a real world crisis.

Right. Regardless of its origin, how the Trump administration has responded to it cannot be blamed on China. Actually, I'd be more inclined to think that Putin is Trump's puppetmaster, but Putin still wouldn't be to blame.

I have eliminated a handful of people in my life because I found out how stupid or detached from reality they really are. I don't want those kind of people in my life.

Unfortunately this guy is a business parter so that's not a realistic thing for me to do at this point.

@redhog We had a bass player for a couple of years who was a Trumper. We stayed away from political discussions for the most part. Good bass players are hard to find. Hell, bass players are hard to find period! So I know what you mean.

@Sticks48 Interesting. I've always wanted to try bass.

@Sticks48 I can play bass. Not very well, just like everything I do.

@Sticks48, @bingst The fish or the instrument?

@redhog You could ask him how many Chinese people he would like dead to come out "even"?

@PondartIncbendog believe me. Its not worth it. He'd just ramble on about how thats not the point and it was their fault and they lied and all those trumper talking points.

@PondartIncbendog The fish! How many fish players do you know. They are rare.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:524909
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.