Agnostic.com

8 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I reposted the link on Facebook.

Nature in action. What's not to love. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Nov 26, 2017

I'm extremely skeptical of the conclusions in this article. I'll need more time to investigate their claims but from a quick glance, it seems as what they're saying is simply the result of two separate breeds creating offspring that resulted in a mutt bird being classified as a new species. I'm too tired at the moment to delve too far into the research but I will.

I read this, this morning. I always thought that different species couldn't interbreed but as the article at: [phys.org] explains they may be able to breed but prefer not to. For the folks interested it goes into a lot more detail than McAfee's short blurb does.

gearl Level 8 Nov 26, 2017

Two generations. Amazing. Just ... amazing.

Funny thing about science, it's true whether you believe it or not.

science is the study of what is true? and the beautiful thing about it is that science is not dogmatic and its always open minded ????

Evolution has already been proven with overwhelming evidence, this is only more to back it up.

Creationists won't even blink at this new evidence because they're so detached and blind to it. They'll see only what they want to see or have been told what to see.
It's sad but true.

even our technology evolves! we don't build a cave fire anymore in our homes we use this thing called a stove with a turn of a button to get heat untill something better evolves. and like art its the next step that leads to the next step of creating is a beautiful thing to me. makes me wander about hawking saying the next future intellegent species may be robots with ai evolving to repersent earth after the humans are gone.

Let this be a lesson to those who doubt. If nothing else information is the key to enlightenment. As always those in power seek to limit or make illegal any info or teaching that threatens their power. In this country scores of examples of this nature can be sited to backup my claim.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5257
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.