Agnostic.com

5 2

Both John the Baptist and Jesus Christ were good guys running a benevolent con: telling the opressed and downtrodden in the occupied territories under Rome and the Pharisees nice things to ease their pain. Neither man had any power or resources, just talk. John was laying it thick with promises of a Messiah and a real new Kingdom. Jesus was just being nice.

Then Jesus walks into John's operation and John thinks "This is it. This is the guy I need. Smart, congenial, articulate, young, charismatic… perfect" and he declares that Jesus is the Messiah… in public. Jesus had two options. He either told John right there and then to cut the crap and stop spreading wishful thinking lies or he went along with the con.

We know what happened, but think of the horror Jesus must have felt at that point: "I either con these slobs and their ilk for all eternity in order to assuage their pain, and let them kill me, kill me! or I just dump them here and now."

You can strip the story of all its religious bullshit, but you can't deny that Jesus Christ was one hell of a man.

Sisyphe 4 Aug 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Jesus never existed, so what you're saying is irrelevant.

Ohferpetessake. He was perhaps a pitiful schizophrenic... you know, the voices thing, the delusions of grandeur thing....the gawd chose me thing, aaannnddd etc.
Have you carefully read the descriptions of the various (numerous) prophets in the babble? Nowadays every single one of them would be under heavy medication, jeebus is no exception, and rightly so......most of the Saints, too......

They're fictitious characters.

@barjoe I know, but "jeebus", saints, etc etc symptoms & behavior beautifully described, all of them. Somebody, somewhere, actually a horde of them, was bat-shit crazy! And others were observing & reporting, just drawing false conclusions, thruout the entire babble....how crazy became "divine", and we still get people like this OP.......

@Sisyphe original poster

@Sisyphe I do not discuss fictional characters AS IF they were real, just saying the babble is full of people with severe mental health issues, and the people that still read it.

Except that there is no corroberating evidence that he was anything but a fairy tale.

There were hundreds of "messiahs" wandering around at the time. Some con artist just cribbed together a story hundreds of years later, sold it to gain power over gullible people. Xianity is the worlds biggest con game, Drumpf runs a close second.

John the Baptist was a fictitious Jewish Holy man contrived by Flavius Josephus on who's writings the gospels are based on. Titus defeated General Josephus a Jewish scholar, made him join to put down the Hebrews. If Jesus and John the Baptist were real, they would be "good guys" Josephus was a turncoat to his people for self preservation. This was 1st century 50 years after Holy Family supposedly lived.
[southsidecoc.org]

Exactly.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:526228
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.