Agnostic.com

4 8

LINK 2020 Virtual March On Washington

The 2020 Virtual March on Washington and the Commitment March will take place on the 57th anniversary of the historic March on Washington, where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his “I Have a Dream” speech.

August 27 - 28, 2020.

The American Humanist Association is a proud partner organization of the virtual March on Washington. The virtual march — which will bring forward a bold National Black agenda — will take place on August 27 and August 28, 2020, the 57th anniversary of the historic March on Washington, where the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his “I Have a Dream” speech.
This inclusive day of action seeks to channel the soaring energy from this national moment of reckoning and will call for reforms of the systems, structures, policies, and attitudes that enable police brutality and racial discrimination.
For generations, African Americans in this country have faced an anti-Black pandemic. From the unjust killings of African Americans to the disproportionate impact of a global health pandemic, Black people have been attacked on all fronts. This moment has exposed the longstanding inequity embedded in the fabric of our nation and spurred millions to action.
As humanists, we adhere to the idea that the positions we hold and the actions we take are not simply for our own benefit, but for the betterment of all of society and the world in which we live. We recognize that working to liberate all marginalized communities is the best way to lift the prospects of any one group. Humanism motivates us to act on a moral imperative to transform systems of oppression because they are incompatible with the aspirations of humanism.

HippieChick58 9 Aug 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Aside from writing political missives nearly every day, I've chosen to make "Writing Postcards to Swing States" as my chief method of demonstrating against the current regime. After all, my chief objective is to get people to vote and to change minds in a progressive direction. I have 200 postcards that I got from the organization, along with a list of 200 first-time or repeat voters, and an instruction sheet with suggestions on how to have the most beneficial effect. My only cost (other than my time) will be the stamps.
[postcardstoswingstates.com]

That’s gonna make a change....

Signed on.

I love their mission statement but can you post how to participate?!? The "text to" message did not work on my burner phone. (Or i cannot find where their reply went.......)

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:527652
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.