Agnostic.com

1 1

Will this ever stop?

Mmmmm... I'm now convinced that the US is one of the most dangerous countries to live in. Cops have the to just kill unarmed civilians at will. Why is the rest of the so called righteous west not doing anything to help stop this.

SkyreckedLoemm 5 Aug 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The reason cops are given such free reign is because America is dangerous. There's a lot more to America being dangerous than police. Because of the fear is why they are given free reign to police abuse and police brutality. Walk the streets of any American city, your safety is compromised. Not by police. That's why people have to rely on the police. We need police reform and prison reform to cut down one people being forced into the system that being said America is a violent society. It's always been one of the most dangerous places to live. I've heard a lot of hype about S.A. Police abuse there too. Fear stoked about whites being in fear, colored being in fear, blacks being in fear. It may be foreign perspective. I don't live there. You don't live here.

Here in SA some of our problems are extreme poverty, education and corruption. Yes I admit these are serious problems but no way do our cops go around shooting innocent civilians on impulse.To give you an example you could get locked up here just for using racial terms whether black, white, colored or asian. Life should be respected and despite the US being a dangerous place from what the footage shows most of the civilians were gunned down like animals with no regard to their lives from the very people (cops) whom were supposed to serve and protect them not murder them.What happened to taizing.

@Bobby9 I don't discount police shooting because I have friends and family who are cops and I know they hate blacks. I'd like to think they wouldn't shoot them. Commit police brutality? Oh yeah no doubt. As far as the media misrepresenting our country to foreigners? Absolutely. Same as us reading about white land owners getting murdered in South Africa and thinking the worst. That is probably way overblown if not outright lies. @SkyreckedLoemm SA doesn't have a populace that has many times more guns than people. I'm sure South African police murder more people than you think. I know for a fact, shootings of citizens fatally by police, although too many are less prevalent than you think. Around 600 in 2029 around 120 of which are black which is disproportionate. There are 330 million people in this country. They try to trivialize 180K Covid-19 deaths.

@Bobby9 I agree. I will say police response with non lethal rounds on peaceful protesters, maybe rowdy but up to that point peaceful. When you're being fired upon, you don't know they're rubber bullets. There's people with missing limbs and eyes from nonlethal rounds. Instead of saying, police shootings are terrible but this rioting and looting must stop. Say instead, rioting and looting are terrible but these police shootings must stop. I agree the response is unacceptable and it hurts the movement. Just saying.

@barjoe I think you missing the issue here. Killing while farmers in SA is absolutely wrong. Shooting protesters with live ammunition is also wrong. So having a cop walk up to your car discharging a firearm and shooting you at point blank in front of your kids is OK? Wow

@SkyreckedLoemm I never said that. I said your not basing your opinion on first hand knowledge but from random incidents you read about. If that's what you think I said, your either not smart, or you're trying to argue with me and insult me. I assume all three.

@barjoe no argument or insults here sir. Maybe I misunderstood you but 2 wrongs don't make a right. So we all have to be smart about this.

@barjoe and that includes you sir.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:528007
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.