Agnostic.com

8 1

If you are elected as the leader of your country, what is the very first thing you would do for your nation?

Just for a bit of fun. Include your country in your comment.

Jetty 7 Aug 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I live in Northern Ireland, that part of the UK that is obsessed with national identity, religion and culture....British or Irish? and Catholic or Protestant? I would ban all marches (both Orange and Green) and all and any flags and emblems (Irish, Ulster or British). I think this would go a long way to stopping the annual raised tensions and potential for conflict and rioting during the marching season!

USA-raise minimum wage to $15/hr

In the UK. Bottom line from which everything else stems, create a more accountable democratic government system, starting by replacing of the house of lords with a proper second chamber.

@Jetty Very efficient actualy. No other country has corruption organized so well, that it is not only legal, but built into the political system, and lauded as a great national institution.

U.S. lock up the corrupt allies of Trump reverse his atrocious policies

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 26, 2020

U.S. - Throw top 500 corrupt bastard politicians in jail and ask questions later.
India - Throw top 5,000 corrupt bastard politicians in jail and ask questions later.

@Green_Soldier71
That is too much work. I will solve more problems in one stroke.

The question was about the first "thing" you would do. We must follow instructions.

@Jetty

1. India will always be a secular nation. It cannot be turned in a Hindu nation as the current fanatic and right wing ruling party and the government is trying to do. India was never a Hindu nation and will not be a Hindu nation with a large population of Christians, Muslims and others although the Hindu population is in the majority
  2. The Hindu population is not united and not supportive of what the fanatic and super Narcissist PM Modi is doing. The majority of Hindus are moderate and independent thinking
  3. India has - 9 major religions, 18 different external races, 22 official languages, 6,056 dialects, 1,000 sects of Hinduism
  4. The current anger of Hindus is simmering for thousands of years because India was the most invaded country in the world. In the last 3,400 years India was invaded and conquered multiple times by the Greeks, Arabs, Turkish, Mamluks, Khiljis, Tughlaks, Sayyids, Lodhis, Saffavids, Bahamis, Mughals, Portuguese, French, Dutch and the British and was ruled by Muslim dynasties from outside. It has completely changed the make up of India today. India was very primitive before.
  5. Without the invasions and foreign rule India would be without some of the best things they have today. The Mughals brought tons of beautiful things and advances to India. Just imagine the best of the things India prides in and is popular in the world for... were brought by the Mughals and British, French... Delicious Mughal Cuisine, Watermelons, Mughal Architecture (The Taj Mahal), Grandeur, Advanced Warfare (cannons), Rich Languages, Literature, Poetry, Dances, Elegant Clothing, Delicate and Beautiful Jewelry, Superior Landscaping, Genes of Tall Men and Fair, Beautiful Women.

@Jetty
Muslims, Hindus and others have lived together for hundreds of years. The religious and communal riots are creations recently by political parties before elections.

@Jetty

Mangos were all South-Asian.

Origin: The mango is native to southern Asia, especially Burma and eastern India. It spread early on to Malaya, eastern Asia and eastern Africa. Mangos were introduced to California (Santa Barbara) in 1880. Forms: The mango exists in two races, one from India and the other from the Philippines and Southeast Asia.

The bets mango in the world is the Alfonso Mango from India. I have eaten the Mexican mangos and they don't even remotely compare with the Alfonso mango.

Australia- make friends with China.

USA

I'd roll back everything trump did and reinstate everything Obama did.. Then arrest trump and everyone who supports him..

As the Excellency Dude of Greenland i would declare Sunday as Free Pancakes and Bacon Day and Promote Free Travel Raffles to the Caribbean until everybody won.

Very amusing... and yet, I believe you. 😀

@Charles1971 I would love to do that. especially the pancakes and bacon part.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:528043
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.