Agnostic.com

5 6

My grand-nephew persists on calling me a communist on Facebook. This is my final response:

Little Ben, I have never done or said anything to hurt or diminish you. And, I find it really irksome that you call me a communist in social media, when the exact opposite is true: I have been an anti-communist for my entire adult life. I stood against communism in Berlin some 60 years ago in Berlin, ready to put my life on the line, as Kruschev threatened to destroy our small 3.000 man force. I saw communism in action in East Berlin and hated what I saw. In light of that learning, I wanted to fight communism.

To fight communism, one has to learn what communism is and does to find its weaknesses and flaws. I did that as a part of my graduate study at the University of Florida. In contrast, you don’t really know what communism is or does. You simply find it a convenient hot-button term you can throw at people so as to try to hurt or diminish them. That does not show character, intelligence, morality, or patriotism.

Instead, it shows a remarkable similarity to the hurtful street games member of Black inner city gangs play to try to puff them up or establish dominance by hurting or diminishing others. You are strongly anti-Black, but your behavior, in this respect, is no better than the worst of Black culture.

You like to think of yourself as a patriot, but you are not. I do not think that you have ever done anything to really serve our country and our people. In contrast, I have spent most of my adult life in working to defend or improve our country and its institutions. And, you want to take pot-shots at me. That is laughable!. In contrast, your behavior shows ignorance, lack of effort or thought, and no vision of a better life for us all. That is just the kind of mindless action that has caused Madison County to be so culturally and economically deprived for over 100 years. Indeed, you are making things harder for people in Madison County, including your own children.

If you are ever going to amount to a hill of beans, it time that you spent some time in examining yourself, then making a real effort to straighten up and fly right.

wordywalt 9 Aug 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I find what you wrote about black culture problematic. It sounds racist. I mean what is "black culture"? Or do you specifically mean african american culture?? Because I guarantee you that afro latinos or afro europeans have different "black culture" than americans do. Also, inner city gangs are not specific to black people. Hispanics, asians, middle easterners and lots of white ethnicities (Italians, Irish, etc.) have inner city gangs as well. It is not specific feature of "black culture" imo.

I am talking about the games called ribbing, jivng, shucking, signifying, playing the dozens, and dissing that arose out of slavery. Virtually every Black person in the U.S. knows what they are. If you are not familiar with them, I suggest that you research them.

Read RIBBIN', JIVIN' AND PLAYIN' THE DOZENS by Herbert Foster.

Okay and those games are used by black americans? Or any american against racism? πŸ˜•

I find your points perfect, but i doubt he will read them all, sadly. Maybe make it a lot shorter?

All I want to do is to stop his false and heartless attacks. No, it won't make our relationship any closer. But that is not a problem.. I have not seen him or talked with him over 25 years and do not plan to ever see him again. We were never close. He simply saw some of my opinion posts on Facebook and decidd to start attacking me.

@wordywalt so block him......

@AnneWimsey I could not do that. As a native southerner, I know that his verbal behavior was that of a reactionary bully. Every time one of them gets away with that that they smile and feel puffed up -- and hey will do it again to me or some else. I want him to know that there will be a cost behaving like hat. I don't think he will do it again to mes, and maybe he will think a bit before he does it to someone else.

@wordywalt sort of like my first ex...that entitled bully attitude.....

You can't change stupid

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 29, 2020

I hope you can read all of your big words.

Like way too many Americans, he has fallen for the lie that he is better than some other Americans. Some people really need to be better than other people Charlatans in Republiccan party figured that out several years ago.

Because you're not an altright, nationalist, jingoistic, racist, Qanon supporter, this makes you a communist. This is from your own family. Sorry you have to deal with this.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:528981
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.