Agnostic.com

7 9

LINK In Act of Heresy, N.R.A.’s Former No. 2 Calls for Gun Control

Isn't Heresy normally associated with religion?

IAJO163 8 Sep 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Kudos to him for calling for Gun Control.

The NRA was fine as an organization for ages, they actually wrote the legislation that outlawed Tommy Guns.
Then they were infiltrated by conservatives and it became a cult.
They have outgrown their usefulness and the State of New York will shut them down once and for all.

"Tommy Guns" are not, nor ever were outlawed. Any citizen can own one but it requires a Federal license and a hefty tax.

@Alienbeing Semantics, get a license and prove me wrong, therefore Tommy Guns are defacto illegal.

@Willow_Wisp Your reply makes no sense. There is nothing semantical about getting a Federal license. All you need to is look up on the internet what one needs to do to get a licensor for a fully automatic weapon.

I have no desire to own a gun, but you are still wrong.

@Alienbeing Jesus, whatever. I think it's easier to get rich than to procure one, I have a cousin that's a gun nut attending shows and deals in firearms. He's been trying to find a way since the early 90's. Not that he's very intelligent or anything, after all he is a gun enthusiast. I have no use for them. There's like 170,000 registered automatic weapons in the United States less than 1000 are .45 cal Thompson's.

@Willow_Wisp I don't think, I know, it is much easier to get a Federal Permit than get rich. My neighbor has a Federal permit (and a fully automatic weapon) and I know he is not rich.

I have no clue how many fully automatic weapons are registered and whether there is one, or a billion does not affect the fact that it is not hard to get a permit to own one.

I hope the new york state ag dissolves the nra in her lawsuit.

It won't because the suit is very poorly constructed. She says the officers of the NRA committed fraud and unduly enhanced themselves with Membership dues.

Assuming that is true, the only people harmed was the Membership, not the public. Hence the remedy is to recoup the fraudulently obtained from Officers and possibly fine or incarcerate them.

Yes, usually, but it also has a second meaning as per Dictionary: 2a: dissent or deviation from a dominant theory, opinion, or practice. To disagree with the party leadership was heresy.
b: an opinion, doctrine, or practice contrary to the truth or to generally accepted beliefs or standards

The NRA bigwigs will crucify him.

NRA was supposed to be a gun safety organization. It's become a lobbyist for gun manufactures.

They followed the money.

To the N.R.A., gun ownership is a gift from God.

Maybe you should see the Second Amendment and Supreme Court rulings regarding its meaning. God had nothing to do with it and the Membership knows that.

According to Ted Cruz, gun ownership as laid out in the Second Amendment is a God-given right...and that is what the membership believes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:530579
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.