Agnostic.com

33 2

What's something that many people haven't done, but that you have?

Mea 7 Apr 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Switched genders. Been a professional cosplayer at a large comicon.

I majored in Mathematics and understand the exponential function.

Driven the worlds largest fire truck.

Can't think of anything.

Been stationed on a submarine? It's like Star Trek out there.... 🙂

Yep.

Written a book (several, actually) and recorded a Celtic music album. Got a Ph.D. (and a job in academia, which is even rarer.)

Yeah! I got a job in academia. I started as an adjunct and now I'm Associate Professor going up for Full next Fall.

Set people on fire, four times a day.
Dropped burning LPG around myself, deliberately, multiple times.
Built a set for Phantom of the Opera
Cut a well known (grammy winning multiple platinum records) from the playlist because the show was going overtime. This artist got the chop because a. we had to pick someone b. they treated their backing musos very badly.

Climbed the mast of a tall ship, gone a quarter mile underground in search of a new cave bug, been rescued by the Coast Guard, chased by a helicopter, won political office, been rescued by a movie star, received a death threat from neo-Nazis, thrown an octopus, petted a giant jellyfish, chained myself to a warship, got choked by a cop, been on TV, lived on a commune, roamed the forests as a mushroom picker, I dunno, the list goes on...

Spent twelve nights with a Russian girl and didn't have sex. (Technically something I didn't do, but still.)

ronak Level 5 Apr 9, 2018

I've been sectioned

Caught a shiny Pokémon.

ronak Level 5 Apr 9, 2018

I gave a baby chimp a horsie ride and drew blood from a tiger when I was in high school.

I hit a semi totalling my car, and did not have any serious injuries.

Be alone and like it.

Lani Level 5 Apr 8, 2018

I've been purpously set on fire. I was well-prepared and right by a pond just in case things went sideways.

Got to sit in a bar and pick the brain of an MIT Vala Victorian.

Standup comedy.

I got to heckle Ryan Seacrest when I was on American Idol!!

I started my own business and sold it 35 years later.

Gone deeper than 1000 feet in a submarine.

BD66 Level 8 Apr 8, 2018

Yes, I have been over the Gliedecke bridge (in the movie "Brodge of Spies" with Tom Hanks. It was the dividing line between West erlin and East Germany from 1945 and 1989.I still remember the Russian sentries with submachine guns and the sentry tower with machine guns.

@babsy I was there from 1959 -61 in the Army, then again in 1962-3 as a civilian living on the Germany economy.

Partied with rock stars, was a #1-rated DJ, experienced unconditional love.

I’ve been in the caldera of an active volcano, worked at NASA Johnson space center, found a worm in a Wendy’s hamburger, probably some other stuff, too.

The Wendy's hamburger one is super gross! 😟

@Mea yeah, it was pretty bad. It was at a Wendy’s in Manila. I don’t recommend eating American food overseas, but my buddy was needing something familiar... ugh

That's a long list but streaking up my high street at midnight was one

I have been acquainted with two serial killers and lived to tell about it. The first is Ted Bundy. He lived in my neighborhood in Tacoma, WA, was in my class all through junior high and high school. He was our paper boy. Our schools had a High Achievement Program. We were both in it and had classes together. In HA English when we were junior or seniors, I recall he sat next to me on my left. He was one of those tall, lanky boys that leaned back in his desk chair and spread his legs out. It made him look more aloof. He didnt talk much in class. He signed my friend Christine's yearbook just before we graduated, and wrote something really bizarre. Something like we will now eat the monster or it will eat us. She lived across the street from Ted, had even asked him to a tolo once but he said no. He respected her in his own way.

The 2nd serial killer I have known is Andrew Cunanin who killed Versace. As a young mother, I was only a frequent customer in the Rite Aide Drug Store where Andrew had been an Assistant Manager just before going on a cross country killing spree. I remember seeing his name on his badge. He seemed to me to be hyper, moving around quicker than normal. I went to Mass and the priest announced that Andrew's mother had called. She wanted the whole congregation to prayer for her son. And pray that he turn himself in.

Both of these men met their demise in Florida.

That's scary!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:53157
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.