Agnostic.com

52 5

Do you raise your kids atheist?

Do you teach your children that there is no god? Or do you encourage them to keep an open mind and figure out what works for them?

msar0414 6 Apr 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

52 comments (51 - 52)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I raised my son to be respectful of the beliefs of others, but I don't think it took. He's a pretty militant atheist right now. I never pushed him one way or the other. Honestly I think finding out Santa Claus wasn't real was traumatic for him. It was like his trust in adults and what he was told went away overnight. Very extreme reaction. Interesting kid. I didn't react like that at all. In fact, I milked it by pretending to believe long after I figured it out (for more gifts, natch!).

As for religion, I don't see how you can be a cultured person in this society without at least having some grounding in the Bible and religious history and philosophy. Doesn't mean you have to believe, but you should at least be educated about it.

yes

Marz Level 7 Apr 8, 2018
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:53266
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.