Agnostic.com

21 1

POLL Cats or Dogs

New here but I already feel right at home. I noticed right away that many of the female sex on this site seem to prefer cats over dogs. Does anyone think this could be trend of the type of people who might be interested in this platform? Such as: more non-religious women prefer cats than dogs as opposed to the general population?
Me, I like cats. I love dogs.

• 27 votes
  • 24 votes
wmccallie 5 Apr 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

i love all of the animals, except some of the humans...i cannot choose

Byrd Level 7 Apr 10, 2018

I love all animals. I have had both cats and dogs, loved both equally and grieved equally when they were gone.

I love cats and dogs, but dogs are way too much work. cats suit my personality.

I love both but I prefer cats, probably because they are independent and aloof. Like me!

I love animals in general. Both cats and dogs equally.

I can't answer this question, I have two cats and two dogs, and I love them all very much...I used to think I was just a cat person, turns out, that's not true.

I have cats and dogs. The dogs are a handful but they adore me. The cats, not so much.

Dogs all the way. If you die, your dog will lay by your side until torn away from you. A cat will eat you.

My mother's cat stayed under her bed or near it when she was dying from cancer, over a period of months.

Dogs are more likely to eat you.
[bigthink.com]

@ailurophile A wrong assumption on my part. Even so, I like dogs better than cats. 🙂

@ailurophile X-Files had an episode with that.

@RavenCT An episode with dogs eating off someone's face, or with a cat that stayed by a dying loved one's bed?

I honestly don't care if any resident animal companions eat me after I'm dead. If they've exhausted the supply of insects and rodents that get into the house, they'd need something if help was not forthcoming.

@ailurophile A dog eating someone after she died. Scully adopted it.

And I hold no blame if the pets eat me if I drop dead. It's ok. lol

@RavenCT @ailurophile Cats will eat you too if they exhaust other options... I'm ok with my dog eating me as long as she is sure I'm dead before she starts. 🙂

@shockwaverider I'm aware.

Dogs are terrific! Cats are cool, they just need to learn to flush or take it outside.

They make litter boxes that flush themselves.

yeah I have cats and dogs

Agreed you should add “both” as an option. Not for me! I am 100% team cat!

My one sister raised horses, my other sister bred dogs. I have fostered cats for 17 years. Dogs are pack animals, cats are matricarchies like horses, elephants, walruses, etc. They are more focused hunters. Beyond that, there are too many lies and misconceptions about both dogs and cats. Its similar to saying a cat will smother a baby becaue of a babe's milky breath or a pit bull will attack and kill you without any rhyme or reason. Just crazy stuff people tell you.

Evidently, an older relative was disturbed that my mother let a big, long-haired polydactyl tabby sleep in my crib with me. I think it was because they were afraid that he would "Steal my breath". I'm glad mom didn't listen!

I also love birds and dragons.

how many dragons do you have?

@btroje I have one right now. His name is Nova. He is a carrier of a virus called adenovirus or ADV. He isn't sick but if he were to meet another dragon he could spread it. He's a rescue and a real sweetie.

@Hedgewitch we want to see a picture

@btroje here's my boy. He was just about ready to call it a night.

@Hedgewitch nice. I appreciate the dragons but can't always say what kind. SO what kind is he??

...both are great with steamed rice and broccoli...

I love cats, but dogs tend to love attention. What can I say, I don't tend to like getting swipped at for loving on a pet.

AmyLF Level 7 Apr 9, 2018

I prefer cats because it's easier to make spur of the moment plans that don't require that I run home to let my pet out. I can take a short trip without having to worry about boarding them in a kennel, and they mostly clean up after themselves. Otherwise, I adore dogs.

I love both. Right now I have a Cornish Rex cat. I usually have multiple cats, but she only got along with my old car that recently died. She is a bitchy little diva, but I adore her. I usually have a black cat, so will probably get a couple of cats when she is gone, at least one black one. My dog is a 120 pound Cane Corso. She is wonderful, sweet, smart, and nearly perfect. I am 71 years old though, and wonder what I will do when she is gone. I can't imagine any other breed, but she is really big. I wonder if I should think of a dog that is around 50 or 60 pounds. Maybe a rescue smaller pittie. I don't know, but will always have a cat and a dog.

corgi big dog in ridiculous body. I have 2 Tough smart and loyal

@btroje I have several friends with corgis. They are cuties.

I love Cornish Rexes!

@Jnei they are such fun little cats. I will probably always have one. I like to adopt shelter cats, and usually have a black one from the shelter, along with a Cornish Rex.

@Wisewoman3 very intelligent, very affectionate, no moulting - the perfect cat!

seeing eye cats never worked out for me plus dogs let m walk upright and normal[less back pain]

mzee Level 7 Apr 8, 2018

I have had both.

At my age and energy level cats are easier - but I would choose Both.

I've loved dogs and cats since I was a kid.

Also had a dog and three cats up until last May when the dog died.

Need another choice-dog and cat -I have a German Shepherd and a cat.

I have always had cats becuse they fit into my life style, and I love them.

I thought after I retired I'd like to have a Boston Terrier, but a friend gave me an Australian Cow Dog. Very bad choice for a retiree with some mobility issues (hip, now replaced). This wonderful dog needed to be in a farm situation, and I could not provide the exercise and stimulus she needed, so I found a home for her. What I miss most, going to the drive through coffee stand and having her head out the windows for treats! She was a wonderful dog, just not retiree appropriate.

Now I have my landlord's cat, Leo, who spends time with me while I am there, but I travel world wide for weeks or months at a time, so I'm glad I have Leo when I'm home in Australia.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:53312
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.