Agnostic.com

8 10

LINK Harvard Has Figured Out Why So Many Black People Are In Prison

When a judge tasked researchers at Harvard University to explain why Massachusetts’ Black and Latinx incarceration was so high, a four-year study came up with one conclusion: systemic racism.

In 2016, Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court Chief Justice Ralph Gants asked Harvard researchers to “take a hard look at how we can better fulfill our promise to provide equal justice for every litigant.”

HippieChick58 9 Sep 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thanks for posting in case there is someone who is unaware of this well-known fact. So that Ivy league Harvard has figured this out, is it now credible?

In this day and age the results are not surprising. Especially when someone in the White House is lighting the fire of racism.

And some will still argue there is no such thing as white m privilege.

Why they never asked me. I could have told them that, in less than one percent of that time, for half the price.

You beat me to it 🙂

@freeofgod Sorry.

some still won't believe it

Of course, it is Harvard, how much more liberal can it get?

If hating red will put more climate deniers in prison for crimes against humanity, I will participate. That, however, isn't systematic racism.

I guess they needed to spend the money, get it written up and peer reviewed so it is officially documented. Course most black and Latinx Americans already knew this. Many white people really do not get it.

Not to be difficult but I get it. All one has to do is look at the percentage of the black population in the US and the percentage of the prison population by race in the US 😟
The disparity between races, population wise, and sentencing is also shocking.

@freeofgod On the plus side I read an article that the white vs. black population is getting more equal due to the opioid problem. It seems doctors are more likely to prescribe opioids to white people than blacks. Once hooked white males commit crimes to feed their habit get caught and end up in jail.

Geebus, they spent money on that? Instead of DNA testing forthe incarcerated innocents?!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:533675
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.