Agnostic.com

23 6

Is the end of the world happening this week?

The news had been buzzing with Israel news of peace treaties, the announcement of the Messiah, the shofar being blown, rusting "blood" moon, and a mandatory vaccine (mark of the Beast?). Could this be all a coincidence?

Biblebeltskeptic 6 Sep 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You’re in luck—I have the answers about the end of times! Just send $19.95 + shipping & handling, and you’ll receive everything you need to know, and how to prepare, for the coming of our Lord! Hallelujah!

Also, act now, and receive the free bonus key chain “Jesus Take The Wheel”, absolutely free! Don’t wait until it’s too late! Call now!

Hurry, what's the address? You forgot to include it!

I want the rush order. Is that another 69.69?

Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one.
It's fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.
And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my children's throats.

So far, I have lived through a half-dozen end times predictions, and that's only counting the ones that made headlines. I'm not impressed by this one, either.

If coincidences never happened then a lot of statisticians would be out of work.

My own world will end when I die. Are you telling me something about my own death that I don't know about?

Everything is normal except for weather and what Trump and those who support him are causing. How he is getting away with stopping social security for 4 months is beyond me. If this carries over into a re-election he has vowed to end social security which will also kill Medicare and Medicaid. Does anyone have a clue as to how we will all get along without those?

I know, right? I don't think we'd manage without those things

You have made me rethink the validity of end times prophesies. I think that...

REM is probably the most accurate and they might be right here. Just have to understand the context correctly:
That's great, it starts with an earthquake (lots of these)
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes (the bible thought bats were birds and COVID came from bats, right?)
They then go on to eye of a hurricane (have you seen the Atlantic storm basin lately?)
World serves its own needs (do I need to explain this?)
Wire in a fire, represent the seven games (clearly a reference to playoff games as they are best of 7)
Team by team, reporters baffled, trumped, tethered, cropped (the signs are here, just look at the lyrics... Team by team - how are the pros getting sick; trumped - surely the PotUS)
Tell me with the Rapture and the reverent in the right, right / You vitriolic, patriotic, slam fight, bright light / Feeling pretty psyched (these 3 lines sound like political rallies, either in conventions or churches)
Six o'clock, T.V. hour, don't get caught in foreign tower (how did they know there would be a 6 o'clock? And all the ads about "America first, but [our country] second about 4 years ago, clearly working here)
Every motive escalate, automotive incinerate (all passionate groups are escalating their activities and burning cars)

In light of all of this, I don't know how we didn't see the signs before. Has anybody checked on Lenny Bruce?

Last I heard, Lenny was still dead.

@KKGator Breaking Headline: Lenny has risen from his grave.
Oh, and Elvis has been living under a bridge in Memphis this entire time 😉

@KKGator So he is not afraid since he doesn't have a brain to process fear. See, it's all still true!hehehe

@freeofgod Oh shit, and here was I think that he was living just around the corner from my house all this time....LOL
No, sorry, my mistake, that's another local looney-tune we call " Rapping Randall" who wanders the streets armed with his "Ghetto Blaster" and endless Elvis Presley tapes playing on it non-stop as he attempts to sing out loud.

Just seems like a pretty normal week in the 21st century to me. We humans have been fucking things up pretty well since the millennium...but we’ve still quite a way to go to end date yet I think!

I'm pretty sure that the people who lived through October 1929, or December 1941, or November 1964, all thought the world might be coming to an end.

And, the many plagues and epidemics, and the little ice age... As far back as we can go, we can find people who thought the world was coming to an end. The thing is, we now live in a time when we can make that happen--at least as far as our ability to survive on this planet.

Confirmation Bias. It is interpreting events to correspond with an already held belief or bias. So yes it is coincidence.

That's my thoughts too.

We also have some self-fulfilled prophecies come into play. Hmmm...prophesy says this is going to happen, so let's make it happen.

End of the world? Nah....xtians have been using that as an excuse to turn a blind eye since ever. And 'End of the world' is a misnomer. The Earth will rotate and revolve around the sun just fine. It's humanity people are afraid will end.

Yes, coincidence. There has been only one treaty with the UAE, which other Arab countries consider betrayal. 'Messiah' does not exist so those who announce it have always been doing it and will always keep doing it. Shofars have always been blown, I saw it during my visit to Israel. Many mandatory vaccines have been in place since the creation of vaccines to fight pandemic deceases in the past century. "The Beast" is only a Christian invention, unless you want to think of a certain politician, or the beasts in the wild. The world is not coming to an end at all, maybe mankind sometime in the future. For the time being, all you can do is look for new friends or tell your friend to change the subject.

Yes ☝. The world will come to an end, a few billion years from now. In the meantime, we humans might make it uninhabitable for us--or even any life. If that happens it will be our own doing and not due to the acts/plan of any god.

No, the world already ended in 2012, but some silly bugger sent a terminator back in time and averted it, what we are experiencing now is the correct time line trying to reassert itself and this is why everything since then has been a mockery and reworking of something that happened before. The bad remake apocalypse!
The universe has literally run out of ideas.

Perhaps it was just running late

Love the meme! Lol

Yes. Didn't you get the notice in the mail? Oh, right, Post Office.

Surely not another coincidence? If I believed in christ I would believe tRump is the anti-christ. Sent by that sweet devil Beelzebub.
The very same devil who brings us sex, drugs and rock n roll 😉

It apparently was for this half-dozen. 😄

Nah, just another week where humanity thinks it's the most important thing to happen. Unless a bloody great big unnoticed heavenly body collides with earth suddenly turning our little world into charred fragments in orbit around an uncaring sun.

No the world already ended now we are in the realm of hell! 😸😸

For reals.

I heard that the world was supposed to collapse on July 20th, didn't happen, then it was September 9th, and I haven't heard the new date yet, haha! I'm gonna just enjoy each day and not worry.

You been watching FOX news? Sounds similar to stuff I would hear out of them.

A friend of mine believes this and is trying to get me to repent on account of Pascal's Wager. I'm not sure what to to think.

Pascal’s Wager is an appeal to an immoral self interest.

How much do you have in the bank? Offer to buy their house for $3000! If the world ends, they got a chunk of cash to enjoy their last days on Earth.

If the world doesn't end, you just got a great deal on real estate.

And if they refuse...then you know that even THEY don't really believe this crap.

Nope, sorry to tell you this, BUT, it has been postponed indefinitely due to a total lack of interest and Gawd is taking ' Millenial Leave' plus accrued Long-Service Leave for the next 3.5 Billion years before retirement....LOL.

Yes, run for the hills!

Biblically, the last days involves the prophetic of the apostasy, or falling away of the faith and referring to a man of sin reveled. When people come to understand original language and meanings of biblical text, they will understand the writings are saying that Jesus character is the Angelic lord of host Lucifer the devil. Then people will quit being Christians because they are deceived into devil worship. Otherwise, I do not know about the list of things other than your question about "mark of the beast".

Mark of the beast-666 is in riddle and metaphor. Mark is for identification, as in something is marked for identification purposes.
Beast is a metaphor for "laws of government ".

Revelations 13:17. so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

Mark of the beast-666 has nothing to do with mandatory vaccination.

The mark is identification control devices such as birth certificate, social security number and photo identification for purposes of taxation, government control and capitalism slave labor. This being promoted by Masonic lodge secret religion racist devil worshipper governmental terrorist since the European invasion of 1492 and the Masonic lodge secret religion racist devil worshippers freedom from England July 4th, 1776. There is written connections of Lucifer the devil, as in Osiris reincarnation thru Israel into Roman catholic then rising up in the illuminati Masonic lodge secret religion racist devil worshippers conspiracy theory sounding stuff.

Submit to Authority-666 pay taxes. Identification for taxation and government control.

Word Level 8 Sep 15, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:534273
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.