Agnostic.com

4 0

Saw a yard sign today that really confused me and I think these guys are doing Christian wrong. It’s said god is faithful!!!

WTF does that even mean? Faith means you believe in bullshit you can’t prove. If there were a god, the last thing he’d have to have is faith about our in anything!

DamnagedGoods 4 Sep 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is one of the age old equivocations of the church
To deliberately confuse
Faith proper noun (a religion)
with
faith noun (to trust)
and
Faith Theological proper noun (to commit to believe without proof)

They do not even have the same etymological roots

The noun and proper noun faith both come from from the Latin fides meaning trust, or reliance
The Theological Pronoun Faith comes from the 14th century when it was bastardised from the Anglo-Saxon Foi and Troth To pledge your self unconditionally, Hence Foi'th > Faith

Hadn't thought of it that way. Interesting. Thanks πŸ™‚

You're expecting rationality?? πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Seth Andrews did an excellent program: "Christianity Made Me Talk Like an Idiot"

twill Level 7 Sep 17, 2020

A nice enough looking house and garden and nice enough behaviour when they are out & about should be the sign. Curtains - plant on window sill? There might be a reason - but if we don't know, why worry?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:534502
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.