Agnostic.com

101 8

What is the one creature, snake, spider, rodent, bat, etc, that creeps you out the most?

When I was around 8 years old I watched an episode of Alfred Hitchcock in black and white on TV. A man was tied up and they showed rats crawling all over him and they were going to eat him. It messed me up and to this day rats are the only creature that really creeps me out.

ebdb 7 Apr 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

101 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ignorant human beings scare me more than any animal or insect ever could.

Oh yes, humans scare me the most. Animals, insects what you see is what you get...But humans?? Very very scary!! Lol!!

Rock spides. They are often identified by their habit of wearing their collar back to front

• Yellow jackets are assholes. I was on a field trip for school once and was in a van with a person between me and the door. We were parked with the door open and the manager of the hatchery we were visiting (who luckily I knew pretty well) was standing in the door talking to us when a HUGE wasp flew in, it was like the C131 of wasps and I freaked out. I started trying to hit it away from me with my clipboard and apparently let out a stream of profanity like JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, GET THAT FUCKING THING OUT OF HERE!!! I hit it and it fell down by the driver's seat and I was like lemmeoutlemmeoutlemmeout!!! because I knew that fucker was now going to murder me because I had hit it. I got out of the van and hid on the opposite side of the door. The manager came over to the driver's side and opened the door and the wasp peacefully flew away. He looked at me and goes "I don't think I've ever heard you say a bad word before!" I was so scared I didn't even remember what I said, ha ha. *
Remi Level 7 May 8, 2018

I’m afraid of spiders but also fascinated by them. It’s an awful curse lol.

Fungus....mold....the spores can be deadly.

I tend to be the one who likes the critters most other people think of as 'creepy'. I worked at a reptile zoo for nearly a decade, and now my research focuses mainly on arachnids. I share my home with 2 parrots, 13 snakes, 1 gecko, and around 80-90 arachnids (mostly tarantulas), and am usually referred to as the 'crazy spider lady'!

Centipedes used to wig me out more, but I'm getting better with them, though earwigs are still my NOPE.

Mavet Level 2 Apr 9, 2018

Agreed on the earwigs shudder
Spiders I can deal with. As long as they are not on me... Check out these little dudes that were outside my house a couple days ago!

spiders

Cockroaches. The are even scarier when you squash them.

@Johnsalterego agghhh, you just made my skin crawl, they really freak me out.

@Johnsalterego ha ha! Yes! I was in the army and two of my big manly friends were in his bedroom and then suddenly came tearing out of the room screaming like two little girls. A cockroach had flown at his bed they were sitting on!

Spiders. Hate 'em.

Deb57 Level 8 Apr 9, 2018

Cockroahes. I can't even stand to see them on television.

That is traumatic. Durn Hitchcock.

That man behind the door.

I'm the "creepy creature lady" a the local nature center; I go in on the weekends and teach about snakes,bats,frogs,turtles,and tarantulas - obviously none of those give me the creeps. The nature center just put 2 scorpions out on display, that's where I draw my line!!!
I'm sure, after I do some research on them I probably won't be so frightened of them anymore, but I was told the 2 on display are for "looking at only: they're aggressive & they STING!" - so at least I won't have to overcome my fear so quickly; I'm not going to have to hold them/demo them for the public whew!

I have been known to share my apartment with Huntsman Spiders, they get very large, are harmless, and you can often encourage them on to your hand and out the door! Like any spider, if it rears up it can bite, which is not as bad as a bee sting, however they seem to realize if the bite they could get squashed! (they don't seem to realize they are pretty safe if they do, you would have to repaint the wall! Once outside they are fascinating to watch, as they immediately try to hide from birds, they would make a nice meal for a Magpie or a Kookaburra!

Snakes because they have no feet. As long as it has feet or fins i'm ok with it.

Caped crusaders wearing black witches hats telling cheesy jokes?
Only joking ?

Snakes and spiders creep me out until I learn whether they're venomous or not. If they turn out benign then I could be found playing with them. I find an inherant beauty on all creatures, more so in the deadlier ones.

Gohan Level 7 Apr 9, 2018

I am not exactly fearful of any one of them...but neither do I want them on me!!!

Humans..

But they are beautiful to look at!

@Spinliesel - Agreed. That's what makes them so frustrating, among other things..

ticks

Ticks suck, I have to check my body daily for them after work :/

It looks like spiders, snakes, humans, and cockroaches are at the top.
Surprised no one mentioned clowns, wait a minute people did say they are afraid of Trump.
He is really the scariest thing because he affects all of us! What an orange-faced clown!

ebdb Level 7 Apr 9, 2018

Republicans!

Anything that is fast moving.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:53524
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.