Agnostic.com

101 8

What is the one creature, snake, spider, rodent, bat, etc, that creeps you out the most?

When I was around 8 years old I watched an episode of Alfred Hitchcock in black and white on TV. A man was tied up and they showed rats crawling all over him and they were going to eat him. It messed me up and to this day rats are the only creature that really creeps me out.

ebdb 7 Apr 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

101 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All spiders must die.
Everything else can live..

NO they are my hairy friends lol !!!!

No, nothing must die !

@Nickbeee ?

I love the black heart @NothinnXpreVails it's my faviroute emoticon and probably used by all sorts of pirates.

@Nickbeee ??

@NothinnXpreVails Is that Klingon ? I can't do emoticons on the laptop. so blackheartofgreatblacknessandklingonhandgesturesemoticon

@Nickbeee just that

Spiders, dude. That is what shoes were invented for. Crush them out of existence.

I'll help you

Be careful stepping on spiders. My sister smashed one once and a thousand baby spiders exploded onto and around her foot. The stuff of nightmares.

That is sad ..

@FinchiMcQ Excellent. My ex and I developed a code. It involved saying in a certain tone "come over here" - which was code for the fact there was a big assed huntsman spider on the wall behind the other one. And then the shoe would come out...

@Redbud A neighbour once splatted a big huntsman spider with a shoe; she misjudged the blow and it exploded in her face. She never really got past that...

Bugs!

Women !!! The most devious creatures on earth, frighten the hell out of me. ( just joking ). Nothing actually, just very careful of some.

No no...it's true.
The soul of a woman was created below..
Those blues singers had it right!?

?????

@FinchiMcQ I believe that's Led Zeppelin, isn't it?

Wouldn't know, age and wisdom speaking

Chicken you are !

Yeah, but I love them anyway. Hee hee

Humans
No other creature has devised so many ways to kill or takes such pleasure in it.
No other creature has bent nature for profit at the expense of its fellow species and all other species.
No other creature hunts, kills, rapes, and mutilates for the sheer rush of pleasure it gets from it.
No other creature has serial killers, mass murderers, spree killers, Despotic Rulers and industrialized murder.

ALL other creatures pale in comparison.
Even in your example it was a human who was using rats as a weapon, yet you fear the rat. Go figure.

But...does that mean you're scared of yourself?

@FinchiMcQ Am I suicidal?
No.

But the reality is outside of disease or accident you are much more likely to die by human hands than from a Bear, Shark or Rats.

Oh, ye great force in the sky .. words so well spoken and so profoundly true. I think that you and I could elaborate on this for hours ..

@Davesnothere that is a scary thought and just maybe true!

Cockroaches. The are even scarier when you squash them.

@Johnsalterego agghhh, you just made my skin crawl, they really freak me out.

@Johnsalterego ha ha! Yes! I was in the army and two of my big manly friends were in his bedroom and then suddenly came tearing out of the room screaming like two little girls. A cockroach had flown at his bed they were sitting on!

Roaches, but just the German ones. Madagascar riachs are cool. I love spiders, snakes and have had pet rats

I hate roaches. I'm not scared of them, I just think they are gross.

Funny, there are no cockroaches in Germany, never seen one there, yet you have German ones here ? Amazing!

@gemini31 weird, hundred. I wonder why they call them that?

Trump

Trumpleslickskin.

@BufftonBeotch Trumplesplitskin lol

Zero legs: cool
Four legs: good
Six legs: fine
Eight legs: NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

We can ill afford another Klendathu:

Praying Mantis. Stink bugs. June bugs. I don't mind ladybugs, flies, and grasshoppers, and I can handle the occasional spider, but most other bugs really make my skin crawl.

I came home one day to find a katydid perched on top of a lamp shade, and I was paralyzed. My mind raced to think of someone I could call to help me. When I finally got the courage to approach it and suck it up into a vacuum cleaner, I thought it was the bravest thing I'd ever done. 😀

All bugs must die.
Even those smug butterflies..
Flying around thinking their gods gift..
Kill them all!!

(Got carried away....sorry)

@FinchiMcQ that hurt deeply...I want all creatures around...just not ON me!

Slugs...huge nasty slugs. I don't know why but these little buggards creep me out.

Put salt on them, but don't eat them.

No. don't ill them ..

Snakes...even though rationally I know they are more afraid of me than I am of them...

They're delicious deep-fried tho..

What? You give me the creeps ..

Donald Trump

Hahahaaaa ..

@gemini31 The real joke is that the American people elected him President.....or maybe it was the Russians???

Spiders. No contest.

I just found this little guy riding in the work truck, he’s in a bush now 🙂

@NothinnXpreVails jumping spiders are so adorable!

Dudes wearing a witch's hat.

Hahahahhaha

Humans..

But they are beautiful to look at!

@Spinliesel - Agreed. That's what makes them so frustrating, among other things..

I tend to be the one who likes the critters most other people think of as 'creepy'. I worked at a reptile zoo for nearly a decade, and now my research focuses mainly on arachnids. I share my home with 2 parrots, 13 snakes, 1 gecko, and around 80-90 arachnids (mostly tarantulas), and am usually referred to as the 'crazy spider lady'!

Centipedes used to wig me out more, but I'm getting better with them, though earwigs are still my NOPE.

Mavet Level 2 Apr 9, 2018

Agreed on the earwigs shudder
Spiders I can deal with. As long as they are not on me... Check out these little dudes that were outside my house a couple days ago!

I can't handle moths, they freak me the fuck out

I don't like moths either. There have no grace or class and just dive bomb you like kamakazi pilots or drunk drivers

Spiders smaller than tarantulas. Tarantulas are ok. You can see them coming. Most are just big fuzzy dudes high on life. It's anything smaller than that I must suddenly behave like a little girl and scream then light the house on fire.

Did you know that tarantula Pounce on their prey? The bigger the tarantula, the higher they can leap....you're welcome

I still scream whenever I see one, smh, I just can't stop myself.

Leeches. They're the most awful things in the universe. Worst way to die? Suspended in the leech pit!

Yes, the bother me on my animals ...

Euch!

I have to concur on spider creepiness. The way their legs move, the fact that they can jump, climb, fall on you, their eyes and fangs. I am just relieved most of the spiders where I live aren't very big. I don't agree we should kill them though. They are highly beneficial and essential for a healthy ecosystem.

This guy...???

scorpion

Oh yes !

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:53524
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.