Agnostic.com

11 6

LINK Under GOP Pressure, U.S. Military Gives Green Light to Proselytizing Officers | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

This is really bad. It will eventually lead to things like promotions depending on (the right) church attendance

snytiger6 9 Sep 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That article is scare tactic propaganda B.S.

rrrrrrrrgh...............I don't need to get any angrier............

When I was a Platoon Leader at Fort Benning Georgia, my Company Commander wanted to march the company up to the Battalion Chapel on Sundays because only a hand full of the men were attending church. I argued that it was a bad idea and could adversely affect his career if there was controversy and he relented and gave up on his idea.

I wish the ACLU sues the crap out of the Trump DOD, this is anticonstitutional!

100%

The military has always tried to infuse the troops with religion. I can remember having to attend "character guidance" sessions delivered by chaplains 60 years ago.

Damn I'm glad I got the fuck out of there

MEH!!!

de de mau always worked for me......

If someone proselytized to me like that, I'm the type that would argue with them, even if that meant getting drummed out of the Military in the process. I'd like to ask them to pray that my Type 1 Diabetes be cured, and if not I'd tell them then that their religion is horseshit.

As they also stopped paying for Catholic services on some bases. So, not only asshole, but evangelical asshole. Not that Catholics can't be asses - they are.

The US military has been proselytizing since it first came into existence.
I got in serious trouble in boot camp because I threw away one of their shitty New Testaments that they gave me.
Apparently the fact I did that was demoralizing for the entire class.
Bull droppings.

I got called in to see the priest onboard the ship as I had no preference on my religion at the time. And he soon went from being a "compassionate listener" to full commander and ordered me to write a letter home. Prick. Had to bring the letter, with addressed and stamped envelope, back to his office to read and mail.

@Beowulfsfriend A letter stating what?

@JeffMurray that I was ok. My parents due to an ex girlfriend, contacted the military expressing concern - even though I had just spoken to them in Hong Kong.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:536291
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.