Agnostic.com

67 4

Who's been the best President of the United States in your lifetime?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

67 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

John F. Kennedy

I was born the day before JFK was assassinated. He was my president for only one day. I read that he was a good president.

Michelle Obama

Silly me. Thanks for the info.

Obama and Clinton. This probably sounds dumb from a Democrat. But I thought the first George Bush was also high on my list. His son, not so much.

J.F.K.

ebdb Level 7 Apr 10, 2018

I think Pres. Roosevelt he did the most for the people of America.

dc65 Level 7 Apr 9, 2018

Obama

For me it has to be Lyndon Johnson, but he was also one of the worst. Civil rights made great strides under him. The Vietnam conflict dragged him down.
Eisenhower and Truman rank high, Eisehower because I've seen more of what happened on his watch in a historical perspective. Ultimately, history will be the best judge of any.

Eisenhower. He coined the term, “industrial military complex”, and told us to beware of it. America was probably at its highest high ever during this period.

...as he let joe Mccarthy run amok.. and allowed ‘in god we..’ on our money, relegating this nation’s Atheists to ..3rd class citizens ever since ~ The only thing that makes Ike look good are those having come after him, like Nixon, Reagan, Bush Jr ..and ‘this.’ But he wasn’t the only good general and poor President..

Eisenhower was against McCarthy and he helped get NASA started too.

@twaseverthus He didn’t put the pressure on McCarthy, though.. He ignored that devastating political witch hunt, even choosing Nixon as his VP. It was one thing not to like it, and another to actually do something about it.. And he had to start NASA - Sputnik was overhead 😀

Close! "Military-industrial complex". 🙂

Oh yeah! That!

Alfred E. Neumann

I am more concerned about the worst.

Well, it had been Bush Jr, until now ~

@Varn until now.

Probably Carter.

Kennedy, clinton Obama

Bill Clinton. OK you can flame me now..lol

Not me, and have wondered who would ‘get it right’ 😀

President Obama

I was a kid when JFK was around, so don't know much, so I would say Obama by a mile.

Probably Johnson. Hard to say. The presidents who did the most for the country didn't necessarily do so in the same way.

Deb57 Level 8 Apr 9, 2018

Andrew Johnson or Lyndon B. Johnson?

Probably Obama.

Harry Truman, without a doubt.

Kennedy, clinton Obama

They are equally good and bad. Some did good some did bad. I think in my relatively short life that history will bear out who is the best and worst long after I’m in the ground. That’s how history works. It’s never in the relative present.

Obama most definetly

Clinton/Gore, environmental policy; foriegn policy; working with the UN. He was a true global leader. I think Obama failed the ountry when he had an opportunity to pull an FDR and employ the country quickly. He chose to push for an incomplete healthcare policy. I think he would have kept a greater level support even on the right...

Regan.

David Palmer?

Washington.

?. Wow! You are really old. I did not realize that anyone was still alive from the time Washington was President in the late 1700s

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:53702
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.