Agnostic.com

27 30

And how exactly do you know this, dear believer?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And since knowledge was the first sin, I'm glad you are safe.

The truth about lies told by a list of ignorant people using faith to guide their way through life.

Sooo.... that makes it ok? It's funny how we're suppose to accept crap like this because it's been human approved. Hmmm... what's funny is how i accepted it without asking the questions I wanted to ask. I needed acceptance and I just said ok. I needed others approval by showing up and doing their thing. I'm guilty, but now I'm free.

So straight from the horse's mouth then?

One very suggestible believer saw a cross in the clouds one day. That's enough for him to say god exists! Oh, brother!

That is why with the crazy inflammatory rhetoric generated by pro Trump camp he got elected. It’s why Fox News is so popular. You have to do due diligence to come close to finding the truth. To many people are gullible.

Such profound logic. I must ponder this.

So then exactly its heresay

A paradox theses aimless thoughts are interesting in the fact they apply to nothing. I have seen someone work and get nothing done was a curiosity to watching a live paradox.

I'm lost lol.

Doo dah! Doo Dah!

Phin Level 6 Apr 9, 2018

Another Classic.

Coldo Level 8 Apr 9, 2018

Or my favorite "I know it in my heart"

A pentecostal woman I dated told me something that was very insightful. It was accidentally insightful, a slip of the tongue, but here it is:

"Faith is believing what isn't true." 'Nuff said!

Mark Twain said that first.

Yeah, Mark Twain, but as always he said it better: "Faith is believ'n what you know ain't so."

Faith is the reason you give when you don't have a good reason -Matt Dillahunty

@BrightTyger979 I like that too.

@DaveSchumacher Not many of us can top Mark Twain.

In my prosaic world Mark Twain is the greatest American author ever.

That sounds ridiculous, but it's not as scary as, "God told me."

JimG Level 8 Apr 9, 2018

There are stories about the wisdom of our elders and some of the traditions they spawned. One is about cutting off a part of a piece of meat before cooking it. It happened over several generations and when a surviving great grandmother was asked about it she said it was originally done because the meat would not fit into the pan.

Most religions (look at Mormonism) have some crazy beginnings but, over time, the origins have been forgotten or embellished so much that the beginnings are totally obscured.

I remember going through the catacombs in Rome with my European History Prof. He stated that it was not until the 3rd century (ACE) that the cross became a symbol of Christianity. Before then it was reviled because it was a means of execution for those deemed terrorists.

Critical grapevine reasoning, a couple slices of bread, and some peanut butter makes a great non-sequiter sandwich for Jesus.

jeffy Level 7 Apr 9, 2018

Its just silly. ALL of it.

It's true, because I just FEEL it is. LOL

As someone with schizophrenia I can tell you just because you feel something is true doesn't mean it is lol

Brilliant point. 😀 😀 😀

Nah! There is more chance of Alice, Humpty Dumpty, Red Queen and Bandersnatch turning up for tea this evening.

And this is how religion works.

Sound like gossip. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Apr 9, 2018

Oddly enough, and although I'm not a communications scientist (although I play one in my office) this looks like there may have been a simple message that got run through a long game of telephone.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:53766
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.