Agnostic.com

6 4

LINK Long-concealed records show trump’s chronic losses and years of tax avoidance

AGAINST THE CLAIM: It comes from the NYT and they don't reveal how they got these records, thus casting the validity of their information in doubt.

IN FAVOR OF THE CLAIM: Trump, unlike every president before him, has refused to release taxes. There was very little reason to have done this during the campaign, prior to any "witch hunt", which has always made suspicion that what the NYT is saying about his taxes is true.

WHAT TRUMP COULD DO: as a final blow to the credibility of the NYT and a affirmation of the the witch-hunt, he can produce his taxes which would soundly refute the NYT's findings.

WHAT NYT COULD DO: as a firm affirmation of their credibility, the NYT can release all the documents and how they were obtained to let independent people vet them.

TheMiddleWay 8 Sep 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Saw that this morning on Yahoo news. Surprise, surprise, surprise (not). And yet his supporters think it's OK to not give out his financial dealings.

I'm not aware of any refutations of the 2018 NYT story mostly about the "shady deals" of Fred Trump and how they enriched DJT.

Why would there be credibility issues with this reporting ?

@TheMiddleWay News orgs can't disclose sources . . .

@TheMiddleWay . . . really bad analogy 😛

Not so far left :

[mediabiasfactcheck.com]

@TheMiddleWay With the entire gov't at his disposal, wouldn't DJT have done something about any disputable facts in the 2018 (eight NYT page) report ?

IMO, a lengthy piece like this gets thoroughly vetted by lawyers/editors before printing. I don't have such a problem with 'undisclosed sources' (i.e. "Deep Throat" )

Wanna see my tax avoiding? I make donations 100% for the tax deductions.
It’s the American way. If you educated yourself on the US tax code, you would absolutely do the exact same thing.
And there is no requirement for him or any of us to make out taxes public.

September surprise...

trump does the slight of hand with money. Like the charity theft. Like claiming his projects come in under budget; they only come in under because he does not pay his contractors. Front running stocks is illegal but trump is KNOWN to front run stocks. I'm less concerned about the income taxes and more interested in why the Russians were so willing to loan him money when American banks would not.

Yes, saw it.

But didn't NYT reveal that 2 years ago with Mary Trump's help for which they got the Pulitzer? Therefore, are we beating a dead horse?

@TheMiddleWay

But there does not seem to be a new revelation for people. People are numb and used to Trump's violations and misuse. We even tried testimonies and impeachment after the last report. Nothing worked. Trump is still breaking at 50:50 with Biden.

None of the reports have worked before or will work in the future before elections. The only thing that will work is people voting him out and stopping the Russian voting fraud last it happened in 2016.

You or I cannot guarantee any of the two will help Democrats at this stage.

Trump has become an unassailable ogre. His heart in not in him. It is somewhere at the top of a glass mountain protected by a huge snake and big curses. Nobody can reach there. And Biden is not our prince to do that.

@TheMiddleWay

I think what can help our cause is awakening those lame and ineffective Democratic leaders in Congress who have allowed Republicans to kick our assess for decades. I think the steam should be directed at them. All of us should call and write every day. Let them know it is not just Trump we are pissed off about, it is damn no-good you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:538365
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.