Agnostic.com

11 2

What to do now? Blind-date

A friend gave me this woman's number and said to call her and ask her out.
I'm going to do do it, how to I make this easy?
I did get a description of her, and saw her FB.
Don't know if the woman knows who I am, but I am sure my friend would not have given me her number if she had not asked her first.

I want to meet in person for like coffee or something.
Should I just introduce myself over the phone and ask her out to coffee.
Or talk for a little bit before that? what should we talk about?

So I'm definitely overthinking this, but I only just got the number so there is rush to call.

bubinf 6 Apr 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What are you binding her to? lol

She may not like that.

ok so i gotta say, its kinda sweet 2 see that the fellows can sometimes be just as nervous as the ladies. i mean i expected as much but until now had never found any proof. i answer 2 your question, do what feels right for you, if you feel you would do better getting the asking part out of the way first, do that, then maybe chat for a bit. if you want 2 say something like hey, so and so gave me your number and said we would get along, im always interested in meeting new people and if you are up for it, maybe we could get 2 know each other a bit. then maybe work in asking her on an official date somewhere farther in2 the conversation. and as far as topics go, pick a few things you are good with then try 2 get a feel for what interests her

Byrd Level 7 Apr 9, 2018

I have had two, set up by well meaning friends over 40 years ago, and they were disasters. Never, ever again. Have fun. 🙂

So call and ask her out..Do chat some, ask her how she met your friend..small things..

Just meet for coffee and conversation and see how it goes. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Hmmm Want to try it out on me first as a dry run first? Lololol

Be yourself
Ask for what you want
Use your head:

• Pay attention
  • Be respectful
  • Don't make assumptions

You can't go wrong. If you do the above and she's put off in any way, she's not for you.

I'd call your friend and ask pertinent questioons. Then you can make plans to call depending on his answers.

Just ring her up and take it from there.

Call her up and, just have fun with it. Be honest. Be yourself. See where it leads. You may end up on the phone for two hours or ten minutes. I encourage a face-to-face. I make it a low stress, low risk meet. I suggest we both meet for one hour maximum, no matter how much you get along at that initial meeting. Then after the first date either person can follow up for a second meet or not. Low stress. Clear expectations.

It is not a life-time commitment, ya KNOW. it's a coffee meeting.......be free to be you, give her space to be herself, relax, enjoy!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:53854
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.