Agnostic.com

10 3

LINK Real Proof that Jesus was NOT real - YouTube

A great video... of stuff thjey never taught in Sunday school

snytiger6 9 Sep 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If the point of the video is to say that Jesus as depicted in the Bible is not real, I can accept it - I already came to that conclusion. But it doesn't prove that someone who actually lived had these attribute assigned to him likely (if this is what happened) because the signs and attributes make Jesus of the Bible meet all the requirements of a savior among all the people from this region. Apparently, adopting beliefs and diety between cultures was common. Several traditional Judeo-Christian beliefs can be traced back into other religions of other cultures.

Excellent!!!

Jesus as found in the traditional stories, may have been a fictional creation intended either as a deception as a metaphor or both, a muddled piece of reportage based on one individual, or ditto based on several compounded individuals, or a myth based on old traditional stories lazily linked to a single name, but not perhaps from a single source. It could, most likely, be a combination of all of those things.

What is certain however is that after all this time and given the muddled nature of the very doubtful evidence, is that, anyone who thinks that they can untangle the truth about what happened, briefly, in a minor country, on the edge of civilization, and at the beginning of history, is deluding themselves. This quite old idea, therefore can not be said to be either true or false, though it does throw yet another, quite plausible stick on to the pile. Though it has also to be said, that a lot of the issues of the nativity etc. only appear in Matthew and Luke, and are almost certainly late additions.

Loved it: history meets the hysterical historicity of religion.

"Jesus of Nazareth" is almost surely a way to say "John Doe, from Nowhere" in rabbi though

Yes, it is kind of like, here is the messiah templste, plyg your messiah in here....

A plausible origin for the religious fairy tales.

It is a scientific axiom you cannot prove a negative! How about a nice hobby, like knitting or stamp collecting, instead of wasting your life on such claptrap?

I could spend all afternoon poking holes through this "proof".

The same holes that you can poke through every other religion?

by all means..humor us

This isn't very well done, and some of it is N O N S E Q U I T U R.
I just keep it simple, I don't believe it.
Atheist with theological backgrounds have dismissed most of the Sun worshiping theories from Zeitgeist as seriously lame, and this is just carbon copy Zeitgeist paste Zeitgeist and that just sucks.
It's not enough to dismiss religion and dogma, it is important to look for competence in all data.
My atheism isn't a social club like Fox News, it's a personal quest for truth and competent information.
This video is no better than religion itself, just an opposing argument that was at best a flawed hypothesis.
Misinformation is my enemy, Christianity is my enemy because it is a carrier of misinformation, the toxic isn't the God stuff, it's all the lies, remove all the lies and the God stuff is gone too.

hmm, the Bible is pretty plain, No son of man may die for another's sins, et al, even if Xtians are not interested in the truth of it, so i would ask you what lies?

@bbyrd009 You gotta be kidding me.

I think as an overview comparison of Messiahs and some gods with very similar stories it is a pretty good starting point.

I've seem the Christian videos that try to debunk Zeitgeist (that part of religion beign based on astrological stories and signs, and I have yet to see one of them present anything other than the bible as proof that it was wrong... which is kind of like presenting the harry Potter books as proof of schools of magic. If they do go into the stories of alternate messiahs and gods, then they just say "that isn't true" without presenting any alternative version of the story. Kind of like the flat earthers saying about the world beign round "That isn't true" and they seldom provide any kind of evidence to prove they are right, and on the few occasions when they try to provide proof it doesn't; stand up to any kind of scientific scrutiny.

They (Christians) can't prove that the stories are not similar so they deny that those are the real stories and never go any further.

@snytiger6
No, Horus was not born on December 25th.
No one knows if anyone ever assigned him a birthday.
Mithras however was.
The devil is in the details, and Zeitgeist gets most wrong.
I do find it interesting that Christians deny the influence of Zoroastrianism on Christianity when the Greek versions of the Gospels clears talk about the "Magus" coming to see the Messiah, Magus the word we get Magician from is the title of all Zoroastrian priest, just as a "Cleric" is Islamic and a Priest is Catholic. Not to mention the Nag Hammadi Zoroastrian references, clearly Christianity was heavily influenced by Zoroastrianism, after all they either invented astrology or stole it from an older belief system.

@Willow_Wisp well, do you mean the lies Xtians tell? Who cares about them? Or i mean what comes out of their pie holes lol

@bbyrd009 To be clear as bad as Christianity is I don't want to believe another flawed pile of crap, and that's what Zeitgeist is.

@Willow_Wisp ha ok well "beliefs are a pimple on the forehead of understanding" far as im concerned
oh and the proposal still stands ok 😀

@bbyrd009 Yea I know you're handicapped that way.

@Willow_Wisp ha alrighty then

D.M. Murdock in her books sumerized the same thing.

I liked Murdock.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:538579
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.