Agnostic.com

10 14

LINK The Criminal Case Against Donald Trump Is in the Works

The criminal case against him is already in the works — and it could go to trial sooner than you think.
By Jeff Wise

HippieChick58 9 Sep 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hey there! Thanks for sharing this interesting article about the potential criminal case against Donald Trump. It's definitely a hot topic these days, and many people are curious about what will happen next. The article on [politiq.net] was really informative and well-written. Knowing that justice is being pursued and accountability may be approaching is reassuring. It will be interesting to see how things unfold in the coming months, and I'll be keeping an eye on the news for updates.

Thanks for sharing and sparking this discussion!

He cannot be pardoned for charges not made .
WAIT FOR THE NEW ADMINISTRATION F.F.S. ! !

Dougy Level 7 Oct 1, 2020

Maybe Jan 21st 2021????

Just wait for the election to be over, and fly him and his cronies to a remote island so they can try to survive among crocodiles for 21 days. Can you say "Naked and Afraid?"...lol

I am going to say this without being long to explain to you all.

Trump will not be prosecuted by federal authorities - now or tomorrow or ever.

We have had hopes very high for the last three years only to come crashing down on Earth every single time. We have not remotely understood Trump's ability to misuse government machinery, a battery of lawyers and courts. Congressional Democrats or Biden are not even a close match to him in this area. You are also assuming Trump will lose.

Democrats will not want to drag this into headlines for another 10 years and not do their agenda. If we try, we will lose the Senate and House in mid terms heavily that will make Biden bend over for the rest of his first term instead.

What did Obama do about Iraq war from 2008 to 2016? One thing, two things, 5 things or zero? If you have any example of Obama has prosecuted anyone for the wastages, lying for an unnecessary war in Iraq, I am ready to listen.

The only hope is state AGs doing something. In there too, I am only hoping that New York will do something. No other progressive state has shown a backbone yet.

Do you think before or after the election?

That is the best news I have heard in a long time.

Woohoo...

And he knows it too. Even if he pardons himself, which would be the death nail in US credibility, hopefully your state prosecutors would still move on him.

This could have been so different if Mueller had done his job, been a man instead of a Republican, and exposed Trump's criminality. Now he's defending himself. Too late.

Mueller did his job...

If Joe Biden is sworn in as president in January, his attorney general will inherit a mountain of criminal evidence against Trump accumulated by Robert Mueller and a host of inspectors general and congressional oversight committees. If the DOJ’s incoming leadership green-lights an investigation of Trump after being briefed on any sensitive matters contained in the evidence, federal prosecutors will move forward“at the fastest pace they can,” says Mary McCord, the former acting assistant attorney general for national security.

They’ll have plenty of potential charges to choose from. Both Mueller and the Senate Intelligence Committee — a Republican-led panel — have extensively documented how Trump committed obstruction of justice (18 U.S. Code § 73), lied to investigators (18 U.S. Code § 1001), and conspired with Russian intelligence to commit an offense against the United States (18 U.S. Code § 371). All three crimes carry a maximum sentence of five years in prison — per charge. According to legal experts, federal prosecutors could be ready to indict Trump on one or more of these felonies as early as the first quarter of 2021.

@Cutiebeauty not even Mueller's own staff thought he did his job, and they are starting to say so. Had be been investigating a Democratic President on a fraction of what Trump did, do you think he would have done the bare minimum, drop the report and run? I certainly don't.

@David1955 the more important question is : if the Senate actually did it's job(impeachment trial), would trump still be in office? No he wouldn't..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:539347
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.