Agnostic.com

21 2

LINK Where Did 'White Jesus' Come From? | On the Media | WNYC Studios

Jesus is (not really) all white with me. This idea that He was is blasphemy. It's a tool used by Satan to begin causing a mistaken interpretation of New Testament teachings. Speaking in tongues was another blasphemy corrupted from the Old Testament. [bible-speaking-in-tongues.com]

rainmanjr 8 Oct 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He was Jesus the Gray then he was resurrected as Jesus the White. It's exactly what happened to Gandalf.

I deducted a point because grey is a color but I think Gray is short for Grayson. Therefore, OldMetalHead got the trophy but you were close.

@rainmanjr I thought we were graded on a curve

When Jesus was resurrected with a new body, he picked a white one because that denoted holiness.

Very close but....no. L

jesus came from rennesance painters I the most famous most people use in their houses is actually one of the Dimedicis who posed for it. Think he was a nephew if one of the popes or one of their boy friends. Religion in the Catholic Church of the time was bought and sold.

The linked piece examines that and they probably had an influence but that's not the bigger answer.

You can make your imaginary deities any color that you want them to be.

and they all do just that.

Can't argue with either one of you.

Maybe biblical batman threw him in some chemicals?

Sorry, not my fan fiction.
If God is so smart why didn't he invent time travel?
It never dawned on humans that time was a dimension until H.G. Wells.
If the Bible were written now, there would damn sure be time travel.
I've read analysis from experts that compare historic literary techniques.
There's nothing special about the Bible from contemporary documents as far as obvious literary techniques.

What's time travel got to do with the color of His skin?

@rainmanjr Sorry, but wtf does skin color have to do with anything, and in the case of religion nothing?

@Willow_Wisp My post is about skin color.

@rainmanjr It's about White Jesus, and I'm Jesus inoculated from onyx black shiny Jesus to albino fish belly white Jesus. Because I know that Jesus religion is racist religion I give the racism as little play as I can. I mean if I point at religion and say there's a bunch of bigots in there more people will join them. (There's always bigots looking for safe communities to speak racism, in public they just bitch about political correctness and how unfair they think it is.)

@Willow_Wisp As inoculated as you seem to be the linked piece is speaking of a broader audience; most of whom see Jesus as white. It asks why and the answer they get is interesting. It wasn't designed to be racist but u$A has always had a racial aspect to white character. In that way, yes. I think the greater intention for doing so was more about marketing.

From an Atheist meme I once read. Where did jesus find guys named Matthew, Peter, Andrew, Thomas and James IN THE MIDDLE EAST?

Just one more example of people making it all up.

The LORD Almighty will bless them, saying, "Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria my handiwork, and Israel my inheritance." Isaiah 19:25

Is Egyptian white?

Word Level 8 Oct 5, 2020

Depends upon the dynasty. Certainly the Sphinx was white. 😉

@Surfpirate the Shinx is & was golden sandstone colored, with darker streaks.

@AnneWimsey As in a white lioness

It makes more money if the artist flatters the patron indirectly

That is a bingo for where this began. Not that long ago, either. I've always taken for granted it began 200 years ago by white zealots being erotic but this research says what you do. Seems we should be able to reverse that with some effort but not until after the election. Don't want to give 45's zealots more to get outraged about.

From the same place that the concept of there being a Supreme Entity, i.e. God, arose.
That is, from the minds and imaginations of Human kind in vain attempts to explain events and occurrences that occurred, quite normally, in the natural world around them.

The concept of God addresses much larger questions that enquiring minds are likely to ask. Making that God's son, born to an African woman, white took some marketing. The linked story is interesting.

@rainmanjr Yes, but was not this mythological Mary of Middle Eastern descent and not African?
Imo, and historically the whole 'white Jeebus' idea was more a marketing ploy, so to speak, to get the Europeans in to the Belief system that the Christians were so desperately trying to peddle and sell?

Europe.

Right

White jesus was created to convince the white europeans to join the church.

Not according to the linked story.

Maybe the shroud of Turin scam.

No. Seems to have been kind of an unintentional marketing thing. Hollywood.

The imagination of parasites.

The answer seems to be even more fun than that.

White brain, white imagination.

There was no jesus, but any person born in bethlehem from his lineage as mentioned in the bible, should have regular hebraic jew features, olive color skin, dark hair. The white comes mostly from european artists who visualize him as the people they know.

The linked piece examines that and they probably had an influence but that's not the bigger answer.

@rainmanjr the bigger answer is there was no historical jesus, ergo a futilevdiscussion about an inexisting person. So either you go with logic or you can make up any theory you want to make as there are no descriptions in the bible nor anywhere else except in art and paintings done much after the fact.

Because the paintings were done in Europe and obviously the models used were local caucasians

@rainmanjr Possibly because "white" is good and "black" is evil and the white Europeans were probably racist anyway but does it really matter ?

The Crusaders?

Not unless they were in Hollywood.

@rainmanjr I think you're right...r maybe I'm thinking of "Birth of a Nation"?

I'll bite - White Supremacists?? 🙂

Not intentionally. It's in the linked piece, though.

@rainmanjr Racial supremacists of any race never feel it is intentional that they act superior towards others with different skin tones or physical features, they always assume that it is only natural.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:540524
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.