Agnostic.com

3 7

LINK A Thoughtful Takedown of the Anti-Abortion Propaganda Film “Unplanned” | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Lead paragraph of article...

When the anti-abortion propaganda film Unplanned was released last year, critics panned it for being the quintessential Christian film: It lacked any nuance and contained only one-dimensional characters. And like any propaganda film, it contained all kinds of lies.

snytiger6 9 Oct 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And God said unto Adam and Eve, " Go forth and be fruitful............"
Yep, that's fine and dandy for a Non-corporeal, Mystical, Magical, Imaginary, Invisible, Non-Entity to say BUT it does NOT have endure through, as does a woman, having menstrual fluids and blood seeping from her vagina every month for at least 3 decades of her life, or getting pregnant, suffering with Morning Sickness, carrying something that is FEEDING from her like a parasite until it is born then needing suck milk from her via her nipples, have belly expanding steadily for approx. 40 weeks, feeling like a fat, bloated lump or a whale as the parasite within her grows bigger and bigger THEN having to endure the pains, etc, that feel like her lower body is LITERALLY being torn apart, possibly, for hours on end as this thing is slowly being expelled from her body.
No, we males have it ALL to easy, we just insert our dicks, wriggle around for a while, squirt our load then roll over and go to sleep feeling satisfied, etc, etc.
FFS, shut the F--K up men and try to imagine, IF you can, how you'd feel IF you were a woman for a change and having to endure pregnancy and EVERYTHING that comes with It, try imagining PUSHING a FULL -sized Watermelon out through your dick and then see if you like the idea of having to be pregnant with a baby you do not really want to have?

Lies by men who want to control women and even have control over their bodies. In the Buybull a child became a child only at birth. Abortion is not birth control. FYI, an abortion is not free even when provided to the poor and it costs much more than birth control pills which are provided for the poor for free. Some of you need to do the math.

If a woman is unhappy in her marriage she could get a divorce. That is expensive and a hassle. To avoid this she could hire someone to kill her spouse. That would be Murder for Convenience and is illegal and morally repugnant.
If a woman is struggling with the behavior of an unruly teenage child, she could get counseling and therapy. Maybe it will help. That is expensive and a hassle. To avoid this she could hire someone to kill her teen. That would be Murder for Convenience and is illegal and morally repugnant.
If a woman is exhausted and stressed by 2am feedings, dirty diapers and expensive formula, she could struggle on hoping it will get better. That is expensive and a hassle. To avoid this she could hire someone to kill her child. That would be Murder for Convenience and is illegal and morally repugnant.
If a woman is pregnant, she will gain weight and a long list of other changes. Most of which are very inconvenient. That is expensive and a hassle. To avoid this she could hire someone to kill her baby. That would be legal and is celebrated by far too many as a good thing.
Abortion is by and large, murder for convenience.
Birth control is readily available, safe, effective and inexpensive. Be responsible for your own behavior.

@K9Kohle789 First it is NOT your body that dies. If a woman shoots and kills another woman, should men not prosecute her? It is not a man's body. Irrational thinking.
Second Rape is abhorrent and a valid reason for an early abortion
Third At what point of gestation do you believe the baby is a human? Babies have survived at 22 weeks. Are they not human?
Fourth Have you never heard of birth control? Take responsibility for your own choices.

To YOUR obvious rant I comment with this meme and the following,
a) any persons body IS their body and theirs alone, it belongs to them neither God nor the State, it IS theirs,
b) HAVE you ever PERSONALLY witness the ENTIRE processes a woman goes through from start to finish in Pregnancy, Gestation, giving Birth, raising a child/children,
c) did you ever feel totally run-down , exhausted, at the end of your tether, etc, etc, from lack of sleep due to 2 hourly feedings, changing nappies, trying to calm a baby suffering from colic, etc, etc, and last, but by no means least,
d) have you EVER carried a developing baby/child inside your body only to have it be either miscarried, be still born, die soon after birth, die later as a child/teen from a disease like cancer ,etc, etc?
I, for one, CANNOT say that I have done the things women MUST go through during pregnancies BUT as a Mid-wife with much experience, I have seen what they go through and as a parent who both lost a child stillborn at 24 weeks and a daughter, aged just 16 years, to cancer I can say that I have a bit more than just mere inkling of what they MUST endure.
Hence my suggestion , humble as it may be, IS, UNLESS you've been there, done that, DO NOT make judgements.

@K9Kohle789 Well written, well said and kudos to you, I agree with you 1,000,000, 000, 000 % on ALL counts.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:540838
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.