Agnostic.com

4 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Pseudo-christians and other conservatives are easily impressed by these false equivalents. They are one-dimensional thinkers.

All that's required are a pair of facts that aren't really connected but have one similar characteristic. The false equivalence is drawn by the propagandist. The sucker is drawn in by the facts and the lie enters the brain along with them, like a virus.

It's exactly the same with xtian propaganda. Look at their bumper stickers.

Antonin Scalia would have happily imposed RC dogma on America but he died first.

I'll go there because she's addressing discrimination against Roman Catholic adherence of conscience. Loyalty to self is a big thing for many, many, humans and the basis of what bothered opponents of JFK. A R.C. holds allegiance to God as Thou speaks through The Pope. Period...unless The Pope is kind of modern and then major figures within The Church are free to dispute him. I'll confess that being a R.C. would bother me about Joe except there's no other choice so screw my bigotry. He gets my vote. As for Amy Cone-head Barrett (of the Love Story Barrett's) she will likely be seated and it will be a Pope Francis allied R.C. President vs a R.C. SCOTUS against The Pope.

President Kennedy's speech espoused his belief in secular rule of law. She is in favor of religious control on the rule of law. It's no different that Trump evoking Abraham Lincoln when he's more like Jefferson Davis.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:542454
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.