Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK How Trump damaged science — and why it could take decades to recover

I know it's kind of piling on at this point but Nature magazine has a good article about tRump's extensive malfeasance with respect to America's science and health policies. It's worth a read.

RichCC 8 Oct 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good thing science is not built on consensus.

What's that old line? Science is that thing that even when you stop believing in it, is still there. Neil deGrasse Tyson said a variation of it not too long ago.

The ignorance of our current leaders will be very difficult to overcome and to recover from though.🤔

@RichCC That's why we should be more skeptical of what we choose to lead us. Pretty sure I'm preaching to the choir here. To me the wrong people are attracted politics. They're all power-mad failures who couldn't get a real job. Being a genuine leader should be the crappiest job imaginable it that leader is willing to assume the responsibility for his failures and keep the promises made during the campaign.
As for science, I am confident we might be slowed but our progress is inevitable.

He'll be dead by then. So will I.

And me.
I tell people that I know humanity won't last forever. But I never expected to live long enough to see even the start of the end. I honestly hope I wasn't wrong.

@RichCC you may live long enough to see the end.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:542626
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.