Agnostic.com

7 6

French knots make it snow!

Snowflakes are random. I'm a beginner at French knots. Each one was a surprise.

Shane never had a homemade Christmas stocking before.

I put a gusset on the right side to fit more gifts. When Claire and Shane walk into my home on Christmas Eve, he will be surprised.

Welcome to the family!

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I see the hiker in there.

@nicestuff

You're right. As an artist, my ex-husband Terry sketched the mountains and river.

"Because of all the hiking you do, you have knowledge of trees and landscapes," Terry said.

Terry loves the trees I drew and cut out. I based them on Northern Larch. They look like Dr. Seuss trees.

I added the small trees on top of the mountain to give a sense of distance.

@LiterateHiker How wonderful so much "forest bathing" (as the Japanese call it) must be for you! Nature is psychologically healing, as studies show. I know taking a walk in nature clears and refreshes my mind. Trees are especially inspiring.

Nice looking snow! I’m glad you’re working on such a beautiful surprise

@BudFrank

Thank you.

Your so sweet making those stockings , They will love you for it and them some. Like you I have not done anything religious for Christmas in i do not know when.

@RoyMillar

Thank you, Roy!

Nice stocking.

Cool

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 11, 2020

You did great, and since he appears to be a good guy, this is well deserved. We don't celebrate Christmas so much as Yule around my house--just too religious to me. Yule is a bit more pagan but less gnawing at my gut than Christmas. I did make each of my kids a counted cross stitch stocking long ago, guess I should make one for my daughter's spouse and my son't s GF. You've raised the bar on me.

@Larimar

Thank you, dear!

So you believe in sympathetic magic? I would never have guessed it, knowing you as we do.

@Paul4747

As a lifelong atheist, I celebrate secular Christmas. No nativity scenes or religion.

@LiterateHiker I was just reacting to your title, "French knots make it snow". Weather magic?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:542683
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.