Agnostic.com

15 9

I do this all the time. Wheneve4 life gets shitty or I just feel depressed, I get mad at god. I don't believe in god, which is why this is weird. It's not that I start believing or anything, I just get mad at him like I would get mad at a character in a TV show.

#god
HapHazzard42 2 Oct 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Honestly, I would study a bit more about religion. I simply can not get mad at god anymore than the tooth fairy. I suspect that there my be underlining issues that you may not have delt with yet. Of course I do not get mad at TV charactors either so it may be a difference in personality types.

Do you get mad at Santa if you don't get the gift you want? I imagine the tooth fairy screwed you over pretty well too!

Believers think that non-believers are "mad at god" or that they just want to sin.

You can't be mad at something that no theist has proven exist.

I see nothing wrong with a good loud, "Dog Dammit!"

Be mad at Trump, cause he did it!!

That is weird. But to each their own. 😂

Anger management is expectation management. Expect learning how to be a free thinking individual to be frustrating in this life filled with faith swindlers and protection rackets. It isn't life getting shitty. Its you getting frustrated by unreasonable expectation from life.

John Lennon said it best. "God is a concept by which we measure our pain." In the song he repeated the line.

The circumstance that is causing you to be upset doesn't have feelings, or care about yours. It just is. The emotions come from inside your head. Learn to control them.

That may be better than kicking the cat.

You are just hurting yourself. Why be mad at something that does not even exist?

Would getting pissed at your ancestors help?

I sometimes swear at my early-1800s German farmworker ancestors for not borrowing the guillotines the French were no longer using.

Perhaps try journaling or drawing instead?

Sometimes I'm angry with God for not existing. I want someone to blame.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:543026
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.