Agnostic.com

6 2

POLL Sean Lennon interviews Paul McCartney | October 4, 2020. - YouTube

Happy 10/13/2020 (an unlucky day of an unlucky year in a scary month). Pay attention to the winds around you and sail through any turbulence.
If for no other reason than the first hand generational knowledge of John, in a conversation specifically about him, this should be a treat. It would have been neat to have John's 80 year perception for this moment in time but he had learned enough for his journey. We had to learn some things for ours without him. This is dark nature of Tao. Without Zen anxiety gets activated and fears run hot. Fear, as we've been reminded, causes hatreds which build upon themselves until we see an unscalable edifice that seems unbreachable. This is an illusion. Fear is often compared to a fever for good reason; when we see that no power has been lost the fear breaks and action is taken. The edifice crumbles upon itself quickly and our path is changed. Zen needs no violent actions on the practitioners part. Only patience. This is achieved within the calm of meditation and that's why we

Once again, thank you, John Lennon, for discovering peace from the experience of abandonment and loneliness. Thank you for extolling and embodying what you found with creativity and humor. Our species has been blessed with good teachers but it's important that we now listen to them.
Peace and love to you all, as well. "Someday (we all) will..."

I love what John Lennon learned and was able to teach us.

• 7 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 2 votes
rainmanjr 8 Oct 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thank you. That interview is an excellent piece of fresh information for us Beatlemaniacs.

Lennon's song 'god' about what he doesn't believe should include Taoism and Zen.

Yes. "I believe in me."

John is always a very special part of my city. We are so proud that we could give him to the world and so gutted that he is no longer here. Oh, how much is his voice and thoughts needed now?
The Beatles are part of our (Liverpools) family. What comes through in that interview is that sense of comradery. It is here when I talk to a stranger at the bus stop, when someone cracks a joke in the shop, when an outsider takes a dig at us and we all band together in defence, when everyone says thank you to the bus driver when we get off. It`s a city and as such not always peaceful but there is an underlying air of acceptance and love that I have never found anywhere else.

Paul's such a ''regular guy,'' isn't he? Talking about ''his auntie" and a ''queue for fish & chips." Sean's voice reminds me of John's...there's a nasality to it. And it's fun to hear him talking about various styles of the day.

This was fun--thanks.

How can I go forward when I don't know which way I'm facing
How can I go forward when I don't know which way to turn
How can I go forward into something I'm not sure of
Oh no, oh no

How can I have feeling when I don't know if it's a feeling
How can I feel something if I just don't know how to feel
How can I have feelings when my feelings have always been denied
Oh no, oh no

You know life can be long
And you got to be so strong
And the world is so tough
Sometimes I feel I've had enough

How can I give love when I don't know what it is I'm giving
How can I give love when I just don't know how to give
How can I give love when love is something I ain't never had
Oh no, oh no

You know life can be long
You've got to be so strong
And the world she is tough
Sometimes I feel I've had enough

How can we go forward when we don't know which way we're facing
How can we go forward when we don't know which way to turn
How can we go forward into something we're not sure of
Oh no, oh no

Part 1 of Sean's show. Also very good and from a rather different perspective.

What does the Eagles clips have to do with this? I love the Paul McCartney interview and I like Sean Lennon, his English accent is gone. Edit. Silly me. Sean is the little guy, I was thinking about Julian, the English dude.

The title Learn To Be Still is about Zen, meditation, so I thought it more impactful than just writing a word which has may have little effect.

@rainmanjr Zen? Isn't that Buddhist teaching? I reject all religious and spiritual revenge. It's a load of crap.

@barjoe Buddhists certainly meditate but meditation, or prayer/time alone/quiet reflection/sitting in a corner, is hardly exclusive to Eastern practices. Tao is not religion. There is no dogma and your soul is not in danger from a Deity for non-practice. Read it. Don't read it. Read part and reject some. Tao doesn't care. I take this message to heart from John:

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:543179
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.