Agnostic.com

5 1

LINK Why are Smart People So Dumb? - YouTube

How pseudo intellectuals are taking over, and is not only the ideology that you don't like.
What do you think about?

Pedrohbds 7 Oct 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've decided to get off the merry-go-round and retreat, watch the wheels instead of being led around by them, into Splendid Isolation. Our pathetic nation, nor the pathetic world, no longer interest me much because there's no hope from a pathetic position.

Having read your bio, I will ... um-mm, do what?

@yvilletom I'm not catching your question.

The reason smart people are dumb.

Smart has an informal meaning of having or showing a quick-witted intelligence. This may be a common enough of a usage for meaning but it is not considered as so correct. See dictionary for different usages considered more correct. [google.com]

Dumb means temporarily unable or unwilling to speak.

Stupid means having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense.

Dumb is often used but stupid is often the intended meaning.

A person can be dumb - not speaking, but not stupid.

If a person is stupid then they may not be able to speak with an answer then they are left speechless or dumb, unable to speak.

Smart is used as considered informal to say a person had a quick witt intelligence response saying something.

Word Level 8 Oct 15, 2020

I like Neil deGrasse Tyson. I think his point was that philosophers have some thoughts that don't gist with what the scientist know. It may have come across as arrogant but it wasn't personal, she may have taken it that way. If someone says something you disagree with, that doesn't make them less smart.

i think Neil was just the click bait of the video

@Pedrohbds She said she's still mad about it. I only watch this because you posted it.

I enjoyed Tyson’s Hayden presentations, but whom your “Someone” disagrees with can affect her/his employment.

A search on “Is Neil Tyson self-employed?” said he’’s no longer at Hayden, that he’s semi-retired and in the UK.

She does have words, many thousands of them. How much does a subscription cost?

She made a good Ted talk didn’t she.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:543624
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.