Agnostic.com

3 0

“Bio:  Daniel Lev Shkolnik is a Humanist speaker and community organizer. He hosts Re-Enchantment, a podcast that explores various ways of finding wonder in a secular age and promotes Humanistic and naturalistic interpretations of spirituality. He holds a degree in sociology from Yale University and lives in New Orleans.”

[agnostic.com]

skado 9 Oct 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The link doesn't work.

You can find it in the Religious Naturalism Group.

Ooooohhhh, woooooooooo

Spirituality = BULLSHIT!

Art = bullshit!

@skado art is real, spirits and spirituality are bullshit.

@Mofo1953
Literature = bullshit!

@skado are you saying that literature is not an art? Wow.

@Mofo1953
I thought you did.

@skado i said spiritiality is bullshit. Art is real. You are making the false claim that somehow human produced art is spiritual or has a spiritual connection. That's your erroneous interpretation. The sentiment felt by humans when reacting to art has nothing to do with the bullshit of spirituality. The feelings of awe or melancholy or elation or sadness when you hear music, observe a painting or read a book or to see a sunset or sunrise has zero connection to anything supernatural.

@Mofo1953
Thank God!

@skado god= bullshit.

@Mofo1953
THAT’s the spirit!

@skado spirit = bullshit

@Mofo1953
THAT’s the bullshit!

@skado now you got it.

@Mofo1953
Good!
A very spirited discussion. I mean, a very bullshitted discussion.

@skado i wouldn't use those adjectives or even the word discussion.

@Mofo1953
In the spirit of full disclosure... one of them I would rarely use, myself.

@skado but you have and several times.

@Mofo1953
That's the difference between rarely and never. Just trying to reach out to a kindred spirit.

@skado no kin here much less spirit.

@Mofo1953
What, not Homo sapiens?

@skado species yes, so was Hitler and even Trump, although the latter I still have my doubts, that does not mean anything except sharing chromosomes, like with apes, almost 99%, yet no commonalities, so don't push your luck. I don't believe on anything religious, spiritual or pseudo-religious.

@Mofo1953
Just like me. We might be twins, except for the fact that I’m not as superstitious. I’m more of a science guy.

@skado doubt it.

@Mofo1953
Based on... ?

@skado most of your posts.

@Mofo1953
If you think my posts are inconsistent with science, you must be reading something into them that I didn't. I am not a religious literalist, and everywhere I have spoken about supernaturalism, I have spoken firmly against it. You will not find a single exception to that. You seem to have a superstitious attachment to religious words like "spirit" (which is also defined in most dictionaries as "attitude" ).

I don't make such superstitious assumptions. Neither did most Christians until about the 17th century. Even today seven of ten Christians are not literalists. Just you and the fundamentalists.

@skado you asked, I answered. Many of your previous postings that try to sell spiritualism as a science that nobody is buying except a few other spiritualists, that's why I say spiritualism = bullshit, now fuck off please, too much time dedicated to your bullshit already.

@Mofo1953
Show me an example. Links or it didn't happen. You're stuck on only one definition of spirit, when all dictionaries list more than that one. I speak as strongly against the kind of spiritualism you're talking about as you do. The only difference is I am aware of, and use, other definitions. Check it out:
"spirit: 8. an attitude or principle that inspires, animates, or pervades thought, feeling, or action: the spirit of reform." [dictionary.com]

Nothing unscientific there.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:544037
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.