Agnostic.com

11 7

LINK Ken Copeland: Jesus Christ wants me to be the first Billionaire preacher.

So much for feed the poor and heal the sick...

snytiger6 9 Oct 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oops! I fell right into it. I have got so used to hearing about the doings of the religious that I have become gullible to any outragious report about them.

Blatantly against the teachings of JC. Can't his followers read? Or do they think that JC's teachings are the least part of CHRISTianity?

I think a lot of peopel are religious so they can use religion too look down on others and be judgemental.

@snytiger6 Or anybody who looks or prays differently.

Quick someone get Oprah or Bezos to get ordained as a preacher!

An the stupid faithfools will give him the money.

He is so obviously a con man that anyone who sends him money deserves to be bilked. (And yes, I know it's satire.)

For anyone who wasn't reading closely, this was a satire piece.

The sad real-life piece it's making fun of was when 'Multi-millionaire televangelist Kenneth Copeland tells viewers that even if they lose their jobs because of the coronavirus outbreak, they must continue giving to the church: "Whatever you do right now, don't you stop tithing!"' [friendlyatheist.patheos.com] which I think we've already covered here, although it's worth reading again.

They never put much stock in that blessed are the poor/meek/humble/etc. stuff anyway. It's not like their savior shouted it from a mountain or something.

No problem as long as the powers that be get their cut, right?

FYI...... the link goes to a satire page

Unfortunately the suckers and fools will make him more rich.

Well, I guess I had better send him a bunch of money then... said no person who is able to think rationally.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:544050
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.