Agnostic.com

4 12

Savannah Guthrie to Trump: "You're not someone's crazy uncle!"

Savannah Guthrie used her skills a former litigator to interrogate Trump. She did a great job.

The Today show co-anchor tapped to moderate the president’s town hall on NBC Thursday faced an uphill climb going in — a lot of observers were upset the event was happening at all. After all, it was the president who pulled out of the originally scheduled debate in the first place.

Ms. Guthrie reminded viewers of the context at the outset of the night — the president got Covid-19, the debate was changed to virtual, and then he withdrew — and then got to questioning. And she was relentless. No line of inquiry came without multiple follow-ups, no unfounded assertion was made without a pushback.

Ms. Guthrie asked Mr. Trump simple questions that one might pose around the dinner table. For instance, she pressed him to explain why he would amplify a conspiracy theory that former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. had orchestrated to have SEAL Team 6 killed to cover up the supposedly fake death of Osama bin Laden.

“Why would you send a lie like that to your followers?” Ms. Guthrie asked him of the theory he had retweeted.

“That was a retweet,” Mr. Trump said. “I’ll put it out there.”

“I don’t get that,” she said. “You’re the president. You’re not like someone’s crazy uncle who can retweet whatever."

[vox]

[msnbc]

[cnn]

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think she did a great job moderating him. He is Mary L Trump's crazy uncle, but as president he should not be saying the crazy things that he says.

she has a point

Technically he IS someone's crazy uncle. [twitter.com]

shaking my head , He just says what ever pops into his head to create contoversary and hope the masses will believe , She did a good job and was probably pissed off it was a woman doing the questioning which only made matters worse for him ,Thanks for bringing it up

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:544135
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.