Agnostic.com

2 2

Birthdays are important to so many of us, but not to me. My view is that the birthday is important only once. My sister may have felt the same way. I'm not sure. She was very young yet when mom and dad gathered around her with a stuffed monkey that had a banana in one hand. They tried to tell her that this was her birthday. She named that monkey "Birthday" and he was one of her toys for many years. This is a true story.

DenoPenno 9 Oct 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Any day I"m upright and breathing is a cause for (some little) celebration, but why anyone over 50 would celebrate getting OLDER makes little sense to me. 😮 😛

Why do so many parents feel it's ok to lie to children?

It's "good for em". Problem is, we grow up and realize they were lying.

A 4 year old asks, " how does mommy and daddy make babies?"

Do you explain full intercourse to a young child?

@Word Of course not. There are ways of telling children things which are true but still within their intellectual grasp.

@LucyLoohoo it is not common know on this technique of yours. Then children are told, babies come from stories.

@Word Your interest here seems to center on argument. I'm not interested in arguments. Any parent knows how to address children's questions in a way that's truthful and still within their scope of understanding.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:544717
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.