Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK How the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally may have spread coronavirus across the Upper Midwest - The Washington Post

Emblematic of the way America has utterly fumbled our handling of the coronavirus pandemic; almost half a million people from all over the country attend a motorcycle rally, and the result is a surge in infections that they took home with them. There is no way to trace the chain of possible infections because we have next to no contact tracing program. And Republican Gov. Kristi Noem refused to restrict public gatherings or even mandate masks, choosing to emphasize "individual responsibility".

As one of the attendees, who contracted covid-19 at the rally, spent 8 days in the hospital and missed weeks of work as a result, as well as endangering his girlfriend and children, told the Washington Post:

“I was naive,” he said. “I was dumb, you know? I shouldn’t have went. I did; I can’t change that, so I just got to move forward. But sitting here just the past few days, that’s all I keep thinking about. I’m like, Jesus, look at the hell I’m going through, the hell I put everybody through. It ain’t worth it. It wasn’t. It really wasn’t.”

Paul4747 8 Oct 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Dumb is NOT a fucking excuse!
It wasn't dumb!
It was rebellious childishness!
EVERYONE Knew, but did this shit anyway to own the Libs because it's a hoax!
Fools.

You can't quarantine Stupidity!

It boggles my mind that the delusion runs so strong that people won't change their minds even when one of their own has a "come to Jesus" moment and tells their story.

Alas, he told his story to the Washington Post, which the Trump crowd will immediately dismiss as "Fake News!!" And Fox will never go within ten miles of carrying this story; or they'll spin it as "Half a million fearless people, unintimidated by the Liberal Fake News Media, have a great time at The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally." 😐

@Paul4747 True, and so sad. I seem to recall Fox finding some type of "scientists" to quote specifically that this really didn't cause any increase in cases. How anyone could believe that is beyond me.

@Lauren Another quote in the Post: "The administration isn't making evidence-based policy, they're creating policy-based evidence." Or words to that effect.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:544772
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.