Agnostic.com

40 18

Where is the weirdest place you have seen religious propaganda?

I live in south Georgia so needless to say Christian propaganda is everywhere but I was just in my kitchen a minute ago and saw a bible passage on the back of my dollar store cheese puffs. (Dont judge me, I'm a broke single teacher with literally $5 until the end of the month so dollar store groceries are all I can afford right now) anyways where or on what is the strangest religious propaganda you have seen recently?

Gypsy31771 6 Oct 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

40 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A guy in my neighborhood put up a sign, facing the house next to him. It said, "Thou shalt not covid thy neighbor's wife." πŸ˜›

That sounds like a warning. πŸ˜€

Can I covet my neighour's ass? (Ambiguity intended)

Why aren’t these called Cheesus Puffs?

The bathroom of an adult bookstore. No judging....

I think I love you 🀣

@ADKSparky Oh baby!

On a NYC subway train 2 years ago. Some idiot was handing out brochures about the decline of civilization and how it was β€œThe presence of Satan in our minds and hearts”. I told him he was in the wrong town and that he should go down South.

Where I live (I'm not in the South) there's at least one billboard that says something like "Jesus died for the sins of the world". They're put out by this one group.

I when into Dollar General to buy some chips and saw that same bags. Saw the bible verse and put it back on the shelf.

Being the one who reads labels not only for content the place of origin I would have done the same thing.

I got shipped a water valve and bible verses were in the box. I never ordered from them again.

Did your water turn into wine?

@ThisIsPatrick I wish. Then I would have had 300 gallons of red wine.

Uugh, there's a tasty corned beef place near me that my grandpa used to take us to. A few years back I went there on my own and saw Bible passages on the menu and it ruined it for me. I can't support a place that is so religious they'd do that because I know there's a super high likelihood they donate money to religious institutions.

And who's the asshole that judges cheese balls from anywhere? I'd fuck up some generic cheese balls right about now.

On the wall in the guys toilet at a biker bar.......

I'd have to say that the weirdest place I've found God-mobster propaganda would have to be when once, about 12-18 months I purchased a 6 pack of toilet rolls.
They were on special at my local Supermarket, a new brand, claiming extra strength, softness, etc, in a very nice package and at very reasonable price.
Mind you, I usually buy toilet rolls at each fortnightly shopping trip anyway just in case another "Dunny Paper Stampede' breaks out and there IS no shortage ever in my house anyway.
Anyway, I got home, opened up the pack to find each and every roll had on each sheet, a picture of Jeebus smiling back at me with the words " Jesus Loves you" printed underneath the picture.
I wonder just how much Jeebus loved the 'make-overs' he received after every session of my 'contemplations' .........LOL.

Poop-stache Jebus

@redhog Nah, more like full beard with a liberal coating of 'foundation make up as well.

You go through a pack of bog-rolls every fortnight!? Wow, I thought you lived alone.

@273kelvin No not a full pack of Dunny paper every fortnight, Blimey I've got a full 12 pack that I bought in July that hasn't been opened yet plus a 6 pack stowed away as an emergency supply.

Pulling into a truck stop just south of Trujillo, Peru at midnight, with a bad case of tourista, so bad I had previously tried to stop at the side of the highway only to see flashlights being turned on from the tiny shacks in the desert along the side of the road. I managed to hobble to the banos at the truck stop as one does when your bowels are about to explode and you don't want that to happen prematurely, only to find an inch of murky water on the floor of the washroom that I shuffled through to the porcelain throne sans seat. I just managed to get over the bowl when the explosion came and sweat poured out of me in the way that it does when you have food poisoning and my body began to tremble with weakness. That's when I noticed what my options for wiping my arse were (A) the remains of a Webster's Dictionary or B a soggy volume of the Bible left by the Gideons. I would have used the bible but it was soggy and the quality of the paper not as reliable as the dictionary, so I used some pages from the R section of Webster's.
Nice Try Gideons!

In a stall in the restroom scrawled on the wall.
Such an odd thing to do.
It was in Alabama though, so you know...

Here, on this web site~

mzee Level 7 Oct 20, 2020

In the white house with all those dumbass evangelicals laying hands on cadet bone spurs

At In and Out burgers, they put scriptures on the cups. They do make the best and reltively heathiest fast food, but I didn't patronize them when I lived in southern California. Now, I don't eat fast food period. But, my not goign to In and Out had to do with the scriptures on the cups.

Same here. Saw the cups. Went back once under social pressure. I avoid burgers anyway...

We had an In And Out Burger here in Michigan, but I don't think it was the same chain, somehow. Maybe the owner borrowed the name though?

@racocn8 The best burgers almost always come from pubs.

Just a BTW, I have noticed many times that "dollar store groceries" are More expensive than the exact same thing at a Walmart grocery, not to mention less choice!

I've noticed the same thing at our local public market. People bring in cardboard boxes full of spices, shaving products, toys, etc. I check prices on my phone app and they are cheaper at Wegmans supermarket. And Wegmans manages to pay their employees a living wage.

At a smaller store, I accept that I'm paying for the convenience of not having to walk 1/4 mile to get a roll of toilet paper. I get my groceries at a local chain with only 4 stores in the state, the prices are maybe 5 to 20% higher depending on what you're buying but the selection is fine and I can get my groceries in 20 minutes compared to 45 minutes wandering through the other big box store we have; and it's 10 minutes closer to my place (so a 20 minute round trip difference).

I refuse to patronize Wal Mart. (I'm sorry if that's the only other choice you have, but I understand how they drive competition out.)

It was a dollar tree so everything is $1. And the nearest Walmart to me is 30 minutes north in the completely opposite direction from my job but thanks for the recommendation.

From Lake Park? Wow! I used to live in Lake City FL. i worked for Pilgrims, had tons of people f3om Lake Park working there too.

Too bad we just moved from there.
By the way, you should consider working for Belmont Academy. It is an awesome chatter school in Lake City. I miss that school.

Inside bottom of a paper cup of coffee. When you finished the drink a bible verse was your reward. (pukes)
πŸ˜€

Leelu Level 7 Oct 19, 2020

Good reason to leave the dregs in the bottom!

. . . south Georgia ? -- 'propaganda' probably sells a LOT of cheese puffs. πŸ™‚

On the inside of the door of a public bathroom stall it said..."Jesus Saves"

On this site....πŸ™„

Underground comics.

Not exactly a weird place, but inappropriate. Every day on YouTube, where people leaving reviews of artists and songs persist in praising the music and voice as a gift from God. I occasionally feel incensed enough to leave a scathing reply ...if I can be bothered!

I do read packaging but I must say that I have not come across such a thing as of yet or if I did I do not remember it but at a gas station near me they have Uncle Ray's potato chips which I do not have a picture of but they're not for sale in California I can only assume that they cause cancer because they have something in them other than air, so sorry you found the phrase on the back, I hope the cheese balls were tasty. 😁

In my work.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:544983
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.